Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effect of Static IP

SOLVED
sil3ntm3
Contributing Citizen ✪

Effect of Static IP

Hi there, if I want to change my unifi dynamic IP to static IP for my business, does it effecting my other devices connected to my router such as NAS and printers?. as far as i know the ip of my NAS and printer are bind with the router. should be no effect right?

5 REPLIES 5
ojsec
Distinguished Citizen ✪

Re: Effect of Static IP

you mean you want to change fix ip for your PC/laptop ?

if yes , there is just between PC/laptop to router effect , will not effect to other device connected to router .

your fix IP must be same range with router so can using other device connected to router , ie: 192.168.1.1  or192.168.1.123 or 192.168.1.101

if can keep away the ip from auto ip range , mean some router can set ip range from 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.50 , so those auto ip will get between those number . you can fix urs over 50 . 192.168.1.51

sil3ntm3
Contributing Citizen ✪

I mean I want to change my internet dynamic IP into static IP on my business unifi. Sorry didnt included in the first question.

r3ntaka
Contributing Citizen ✪

Rasanya takda effect . ip internet is public dan ip lan assign client nas/device/workstation...
ojsec
Distinguished Citizen ✪

when you login router , you can see that internet connection ip is different from router ip , so it will not effect your router ip.

router is internal IP , it connected your local device.

internet is external IP , it connect your router to outside .

so it won't effect your other device connected your router .

but the internet IP we cannot fix ip , unless you getting fix ip internet plan .

sil3ntm3
Contributing Citizen ✪

@ojsec wrote:

when you login router , you can see that internet connection ip is different from router ip , so it will not effect your router ip.

router is internal IP , it connected your local device.

internet is external IP , it connect your router to outside .

so it won't effect your other device connected your router .

but the internet IP we cannot fix ip , unless you getting fix ip internet plan .

yes, i do want to change to fix ip. it just that I want to make sure it did not affecting my connected devices. thanks for the answer!. Smiley Very Happy