Movie talk

lordsnow
Retired Sheriff

Movie talk

Any movie lover here? 

My idea here is not only limited to talk which movie you like, the movie you just watched or new movies you going to watch or any recommendation of nice movies... 

You can also share your impression, and things that the movie inspired you/made you feel, just share. Smiley HappySmiley Very Happy

I'm Jon, I know nothing

26 REPLIES 26
lordsnow
Retired Sheriff

Re: Movie talk

Since I start the topic, I'll do it first...

I recently watched Logan. I'm sure most of us did since this is the last time Hugh Jackman play Wolverine, it's quite sentimental especially for those who grew up watching his Wolverine & X-Men movies...like watching an old friend.

(minor spoiler alert)

Seeing an older version of Wolverine and Xavier, with faded power, and how he protected the little girl, the ending, and even the ending credit soundtrack... they have really moved me. In terms of entertainment and sentimental elements of it It has to be one of the best superheroes movies other than The Dark Knight, Watchmen, Deadpool or so... It's a must watch film! Smiley Happy

I'm Jon, I know nothing

RickyS
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

I watched La La Land because of all the hype surrounding how many awards it was nominated for and won. I thought the movie was entertaining and colourful but pretty average. I'm not sure what all the hype was about!

Moonlight and Fences were much more powerful movies and I'm surprised Fences did not receive more Oscar nods. Viola Davis was amazing and her best supporting actress oscar is well deserved!

I am hearing a lot of buzz about Get Out by Jordan Peele. Heard it's great...on my list to check out next.

Tags (1)
lordsnow
Retired Sheriff

Watched La La Land too, I felt that it is great because a lot of people can relate... sacrifice to achieve something, the right person at the wrong timing, what it takes to pursuit one's dream... I personally love the soundtracks - guess the songs are the plus points to the movie.

I'm Jon, I know nothing

lordsnow
Retired Sheriff

Hot topic recently... Beauty and The Beast anyone?

Since it's not gonna show in Malaysia, do you plan to watch in other countries or just download it? (don't ask me for links Cat Tongue) Or not planning to watch it at all?

I'm Jon, I know nothing

IwasReloading
Upholding Citizen ✪✪

I wonder when is webe going to pair up with any content provider allowing us to stream movie at a cheaper rate or for free hehe 

joy
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

yup... hopefully once it's ready we can get free content at least for the first few months to try out the service Smiley LOL

IwasReloading
Upholding Citizen ✪✪

banyak bagussssss... good luck and all the best.

mucho gracias 

jelly
Contributing Citizen ✪✪✪

@IwasReloading wrote:

I wonder when is webe going to pair up with any content provider allowing us to stream movie at a cheaper rate or for free hehe 

Ya, I want that too. Free is the best. Unifi already doing that. Why and what's taking webe so long to do the same, after same same company, right? Can we run a vote or survey here for this and see what we the customers want. 

jelly
Contributing Citizen ✪✪✪

@lordsnow wrote:

Hot topic recently... Beauty and The Beast anyone?

Since it's not gonna show in Malaysia, do you plan to watch in other countries or just download it? (don't ask me for links Cat Tongue) Or not planning to watch it at all?

It is showing now... no longer banned. I have yet to watch it and hoping to watch it soon, if i can find the time. The review is mix.. some like it and some think the cartoon version is much better. 

any comments from those who have watched it?