cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Internet Speed Unifi Air despite inside blue coverage spot

IngXhen
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Poor Internet Speed Unifi Air despite inside blue coverage spot

Good evening everyone i got a question here regarding unifi air. I have contracted unifi air recently and using the modem given instead of the broadband i used previously, however the network speed is the same. I have also contacted customer support and they told me that the speed here is 18mbps, so that makes me wonder what is the actual problem. Current speed peak at 7mbps

3 REPLIES 3
IngXhen
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Re: Poor Internet Speed Unifi Air despite inside blue coverage spot

my area is at Bandar Sungai Long, and the modem using is ZTE MF286C 

IngXhen
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

1.png

@IngXhen wrote:

my area is at Bandar Sungai Long, and the modem using is ZTE MF286C 

just in case you guys ask, this is the status i got now, seems fine as the signal strength is full bar, but the speed still slow

BizFinder
New-in-Town ✪✪✪

Yes we face similar issues in regards to the internet speed in Pakistan as well. Internet Service Providers - ISPs make high and mighty promises for super fast speeds and 99.9% uptime but these are seldom true. I have observed that there is no bar on the number of subscribers therefore as the traffic volume rises the broadband tunnel gets choked and users get slower internet speed. This is the reason that we suddenly start getting higher speeds at night time as office usage goes down. Some internet service providers in Karachi are now offering dedicated broadband packages through which you get a consistant high speed throughout the day. But unfortunately these are very costly and are currently available for corporates only.