cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unifi air speed was below expectation

AdamQusyairi
Contributing Citizen ✪

Unifi air speed was below expectation

Hi, I recently get my unifi air simcard and try to put it on my phone (I mainly use phone for hotspot). However, despite of having good coverage (3/4 bars of 4G, sometimes 4G+), the speed was below the advertised 20mbps. When using it on the phone itself, I got around 3-4mbps while if I make a hotspot connection to my laptop and make the speed test, the results even worse (<1mbps). Also, I realized that when I'm outside, the network dropped to 3G and couldn't connect to the internet. Does it because of I'm using a phone or just a sign of poor coverage?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
remstr
Mayor

Re: Unifi air speed was below expectation

Hi there @AdamQusyairi ,

unifi Air sim does not compatible with phone. It requires modem which support TDD LTE band 40. And the speed advertised are not 20Mbps ya, it is "up to 20Mbps" meaning you can get up to 20Mbps depending on your area of course.

Please try it on a modem first, you can borrow from anyone just to test the connection and speed. If its ok then you can buy one for yourself.

AdamQusyairi
Contributing Citizen ✪

Re: Unifi air speed was below expectation

Hi again, sorry for late reply. I just bought a portable 4G router and after I inserted the Unifi Air simcard, I feel that the speed is still below my expectation