Discontinuation Of Rebate On Deposit For TM Fixed Line

remstr
Mayor

Discontinuation Of Rebate On Deposit For TM Fixed Line

Dear Valued Customers,

We wish to inform that the Communications and Multimedia (Rates) (Revocation) Rules 2016 under the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998, as regulated by the Ministry of Communications and Multimedia Malaysia has been revoked on 1 July 2016. Following that, Telekom Malaysia Berhad (TM) would like to inform that the rebate on deposit for all TM Fixed Line services will be discontinued effective July 2019.

Rest assured that the implementation of the above will not affect the quality of services provided to our customers.

We thank you for your continuous support towards TM’s products and services.For unifi customers, you can Live Chat with us via myunifi app or at www.unifi.com.my/chat should you require further assistance or clarification. For TM ONE customers, please refer to your respective Account Manager / Client Manager.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
remstr
Mayor

Re: Discontinuation Of Rebate On Deposit For TM Fixed Line

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)

ON

DISCONTINUATION OF REBATE ON TM FIXED LINE DEPOSIT

No.

Question

Answer

What is this discontinuation of rebate on deposit all about?

Based on the  revocation of Communications and Multimedia (Rates) Rules 2002 under the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998 as regulated by the Ministry of Communications and Multimedia Malaysia

Following that, Telekom Malaysia Berhad (TM) would like to inform that the rebate on deposit for all TM Fixed Line services will be discontinued.

What is the effective date for this implementation?

The effective date for the implementation of rebate discontinuation is on 1st July 2019.

Which services that are currently being imposed with a deposit?

A deposit was collected for all TM Telephony voice services (Fixed Line) upon subscription.

How much is the current rebate for the Fixed Line deposit?

The current rebate on the deposit is 2.5% per annum, which is credited into customers’ bill in the month of January every year. Meanwhile, the proportionate rebate is given to customer upon service termination if their tenure of the service exceeds a one (1) year period.

Who is entitled for the rebate?

All TM customers who are subscribing to TM Fixed Line telephony services.

How was the rebate on the deposit displayed in TM customer’s bill?

1. The rebate on the deposit will be credited into customers’ bills.
  2. A sample of display for the rebate on deposit in TM bill is as below:

sa.png

sa1.png

What is the difference of TM bill display under this new implementation?

The line item titled ‘Rebat Cagaran’ will no longer appear in TM bill starting January 2020 for all active TM Fixed Line customers.

For customers who terminate their service starting July 2019 onwards, they will no longer enjoy the pro-rated rebate amount in their final bills. The  ‘Rebat Cagaran’ line item will not appear in their TM bill as well.

Who do I contact if I need further info on this matter?

Feel free to contact us via TM customer service channel list as below:

·         Customer Portal (https://unifi.com.my)

·         Apps (care@unifi)

·         Community (https://community.unifi.com.my/)

·         Social Media

- Facebook: facebook.com/weareunifi

- Twitter: @helpmeunifi

·         Live chat (via care@unifi app or unifi.com.my/chat)

·         Call – TM Contact Centre at 100

·         Visit any TMpoint outlets nationwide.

For TM ONE customers, kindly contact your respective Account Manager / Client Manager for further assistance.