Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAQ on streamyx migration to unifi lite

SOLVED
Sheriff

FAQ on streamyx migration to unifi lite

Hi there,

If you guys have a question regarding Streamyx migration unifi lite, please read this FAQ below ya.

Can I know in detail the announcement on the implementation of the new pricing for Streamyx?

• On 6 August 2019, unifi has announced that the existing Streamyx residential customers who are paying more than RM69 per month for their subscription will be automatically be migrated to the new unifi Lite package at RM69 per month. The new price will be effective from September 2019 onwards.

• Meanwhile, we have extended the offering of unifi Lite at a promotional price of RM69 till end September to enable more people to enjoy this affordable new unifi Lite package.

• Starting 1 October 2019, unifi Lite will be priced at its normal retail price of RM89 per month. Moving forward, there will only be one (1) plan to cater for customers at ADSL & SUBB areas which is called unifi Lite.

1.JPG

• These are interim measures whilst we expand our network until 2021 via various fit-for-purpose technologies

Who will benefit from this new pricing for Streamyx?

Am I eligible for this new pricing?

• This exercise is offered to existing customers who subscribed to Streamyx residential package only.

• New customers who subscribe to the residential package by 30 September 2019, will be migrated to unifi Lite and enjoy the new pricing of RM69 per month starting October 2019 onwards.

• Existing customers who subscribed to the residential package by 31st July 2019, will enjoy the new price of RM69 per month starting September 2019 onwards.

Subscription Date

By 31st July 2019

By 31st September 2019

New price of RM69 reflected in bill

September 2019 onwards.

October 2019 onwards.

As an existing Streamyx customer, do I need to request for the new pricing or do I need to terminate the current package in order to enjoy the new price?

• You don’t have to do anything as we will automatically update the new price based on the following criteria:

Subscription Date

By 31st July 2019

By 31st September 2019

New price of RM69 reflected in bill

September 2019 onwards.

October 2019 onwards.

I am subscribing to OKU packages, what is the impact to my existing package pricing?

(current existing OKU        packages

- 4 Mbps RM 118

- 2 Mbps RM 99

- 1 Mbps  RM 66)

• If you are an existing customer currently subscribing to OKU package and paying more than RM69, you will enjoy the new price of RM69.

• If you are an existing customer currently subscribing to OKU package and paying less than RM69, no worries, you will continue to enjoy the current service at the same price.

kudos.png

40 REPLIES 40
Sheriff

Re: FAQ Streamyx MIGRATION TO unifi LITE

Is there any impact to my current speed due to this price realignment?
  • Based on the current infra capability at your area, the speed you are enjoying now is the best attainable speed.

Once I enjoy the new price of RM69, will my current contract period be renewed/refreshed?

• Your current contract period will be maintained as per existing and will not be renewed/refreshed.

After the migration, will I receive a new equipment?

• There will be no change of equipment and you can continue using the existing equipment.

Is the new price applicable to the monthly subscription fee or is it inclusive of the Value Added Services (VAS)?

• Your internet monthly subscription fee will be adjusted to RM69 and any Value Added Services (VAS) that you subscribed to will remain at the same price.

• Example;

Current package;

unifi Lite 10Mbps (SUBB)

RM99

Unifi TV pack

(Varnam/Aneka/Ruby)

RM30

STD20

RM20

HGPP

RM15

Total

RM164

New package;

unifi Lite 10Mbps (SUBB)

RM69

Unifi TV pack

(Varnam/Aneka/Ruby)

RM30

STD20

RM20

HGPP

RM15

Total

RM134

kudos.png

Sheriff

I’m a residential customer but currently subscribed to business broadband. Am I eligible to the new price of RM69?

• We are sorry, the realignment to the new unifi Lite plan at RM69/month is applicable to residential packages only at the moment.

• We will address the business segment soon and will keep you updated once we have news for you.

I am a business customer subscribing to consumer broadband. Am I eligible to the new price of RM69?

• We are sorry, the realignment to the new unifi Lite plan at RM69/month is applicable to residential packages only at the moment.

• We will address the business segment soon and will keep you updated once we have news for you.

How does my bill look like after the Streamyx new pricing?

There will be a pro-rated amount reflected in your next bill. For the subsequent months, the monthly fee will be at RM69.2.png

3.png

4.png

Am I eligible to be upgraded to the higher speed?

Example: customer who is enjoying 2 Mbps with the price has been updated to RM69. If the customer’s area can cover 8Mbps, can customer remain the same price and upgrade to 8 Mbps.

• The present speed that you are enjoying today is the best attainable speed.

kudos.png

New-in-Town ✪

user w speed 1mbps, 2mbps, 4mbps enjoying same price RM69? abit not balance.

why dont all streamyx user set w same price RM69 and same speed 4mbps?

Contributing Citizen ✪

Re: FAQ on streamyx migration to unifi lite

According to the FAQ the existing customers will get the speed "as per existing". What does that mean? Will there be a "special speed cap" for existing customers according to their current subscription speed (for example those who are currently subscribing 1mbps package for RM65 will remain paying the same price WITHOUT any speed increment even though the TM infrastructure in that place supports faster speed) despite the maximum 8mbps speed that could be enjoyed by new customers under the same Unifi Lite package?

Contributing Citizen ✪

Agree.

I am having the same issue. Last year our Minister of communication and multimedia Gobind Singh already mentioned that TM will upgrade the unifi speed by 10x where the area can support unifi. For those out of unifi support area can get the speed upgrade to the max which the infra cab support. I have been calling TM, visiting TM Point, doing live chat and confirm that my area can get the 8Mbps speed, however until today I don’t get any upgrade at all, even though some of my friends already got the upgrade long ago. I am really disappointed with what they are doing.

Upholding Citizen ✪✪

@chinaloh wrote:

user w speed 1mbps, 2mbps, 4mbps enjoying same price RM69? abit not balance.

why dont all streamyx user set w same price RM69 and same speed 4mbps?

@chinaloh 
I think it depends on your coverage area.

Contributing Citizen ✪

If using 1mbps so will automatic upgrade speed up to 8mbps?
Sheriff

@sumwk85 wrote:

Agree.

I am having the same issue. Last year our Minister of communication and multimedia Gobind Singh already mentioned that TM will upgrade the unifi speed by 10x where the area can support unifi. For those out of unifi support area can get the speed upgrade to the max which the infra cab support. I have been calling TM, visiting TM Point, doing live chat and confirm that my area can get the 8Mbps speed, however until today I don’t get any upgrade at all, even though some of my friends already got the upgrade long ago. I am really disappointed with what they are doing.

hi @sumwk85 , i think you have misunderstood what Mr Gobind said regarding the 10 times speed upgrade or Turbo upgrade.

Let me explain it to you, no worries.

The turbo upgrade are for unifi customers, who are using fiber technology.

Streamyx cannot go up to 100Mb, or even 30Mb. Its not that TM wont, they cant.

That is why TM launch this unifi lite new prices, to ease the burden faced by those who cannot experienced unifi fiber speed.

If they cant give you the speed, they cut down the prices. That is what they have been doing right now.

footer remstr 1.png

Highlighted
Upholding Citizen ✪✪

@mazlan1992 wrote:
If using 1mbps so will automatic upgrade speed up to 8mbps?

You need to request an upgrade and you need to do that before 31st August.