Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAQ on streamyx migration to unifi lite

SOLVED
Sheriff

Re: FAQ on streamyx migration to unifi lite

@socasnov wrote:

According to the FAQ the existing customers will get the speed "as per existing". What does that mean? Will there be a "special speed cap" for existing customers according to their current subscription speed (for example those who are currently subscribing 1mbps package for RM65 will remain paying the same price WITHOUT any speed increment even though the TM infrastructure in that place supports faster speed) despite the maximum 8mbps speed that could be enjoyed by new customers under the same Unifi Lite package?

@socasnov If you are paying less than RM69, then this prices doesnt affect you at all.

If you want to upgrade to your maximum speed, that is whole other story.

You can upgrade your speed to maximum (depend on your area), and you can do that before 1st Sept to be able to enjoy RM69 price.

footer remstr 1.png

Contributing Citizen ✪

@remstr wrote:

@sumwk85 wrote:

Agree.

I am having the same issue. Last year our Minister of communication and multimedia Gobind Singh already mentioned that TM will upgrade the unifi speed by 10x where the area can support unifi. For those out of unifi support area can get the speed upgrade to the max which the infra cab support. I have been calling TM, visiting TM Point, doing live chat and confirm that my area can get the 8Mbps speed, however until today I don’t get any upgrade at all, even though some of my friends already got the upgrade long ago. I am really disappointed with what they are doing.

hi @sumwk85 , i think you have misunderstood what Mr Gobind said regarding the 10 times speed upgrade or Turbo upgrade.

Let me explain it to you, no worries.

The turbo upgrade are for unifi customers, who are using fiber technology.

Streamyx cannot go up to 100Mb, or even 30Mb. Its not that TM wont, they cant.

That is why TM launch this unifi lite new prices, to ease the burden faced by those who cannot experienced unifi fiber speed.

If they cant give you the speed, they cut down the prices. That is what they have been doing right now.

I already checked my area. The technology can support up to 8mbps speed. However I don't get the upgrade whereas the other got that. What's the matter with it?

Sheriff

@sumwk85 wrote:

@remstr wrote:

@sumwk85 wrote:

Agree.

I am having the same issue. Last year our Minister of communication and multimedia Gobind Singh already mentioned that TM will upgrade the unifi speed by 10x where the area can support unifi. For those out of unifi support area can get the speed upgrade to the max which the infra cab support. I have been calling TM, visiting TM Point, doing live chat and confirm that my area can get the 8Mbps speed, however until today I don’t get any upgrade at all, even though some of my friends already got the upgrade long ago. I am really disappointed with what they are doing.

hi @sumwk85 , i think you have misunderstood what Mr Gobind said regarding the 10 times speed upgrade or Turbo upgrade.

That is why TM launch this unifi lite new prices, to ease the burden faced by those who cannot experienced unifi fiber speed.

If they cant give you the speed, they cut down the prices. That is what they have been doing right now.

I already checked my area. The technology can support up to 8mbps speed. However I don't get the upgrade whereas the other got that. What's the matter with it?

If your area can support up to 8Mbps, then you are not fiber customer thus you are not eligible for 10X speed upgrade.

But you can now enjoy lower prices. RM69 is better than nothing.

footer remstr 1.png

Contributing Citizen ✪

@remstr wrote:

@sumwk85 wrote:

@remstr wrote:

@sumwk85 wrote:

Agree.

If your area can support up to 8Mbps, then you are not fiber customer thus you are not eligible for 10X speed upgrade.

They promised if area not within Unifi area will upgrade the Streamyx speed to 8mbps where I already checked my area can support but They didn't upgrade for me.  

ttc
New-in-Town ✪✪

may i know how about unifi air?

existing streamyx user able to switch hassle free?

no matter how much to unifi lite, the speed still like star!

Sheriff

@sumwk85 wrote:

@remstr wrote:

@sumwk85 wrote:

@remstr wrote:

@sumwk85 wrote:

Agree.

They promised if area not within Unifi area will upgrade the Streamyx speed to 8mbps where I already checked my area can support but They didn't upgrade for me.  

You have the chance to upgrade now, even with lower prices. Im not sure who promised you earlier but it seems like you have overlooked the main point here.

You have the chance to upgrade to 8Mbps, with lower prices, now. Let put aside your previous issue and upgrade now for better speed and lower prices.

You get me?

footer remstr 1.png

Sheriff

@ttc wrote:

may i know how about unifi air?

existing streamyx user able to switch hassle free?

no matter how much to unifi lite, the speed still like star!

Check your other post ya, i have replied your post there.

footer remstr 1.png

Contributing Citizen ✪

How about packages for those with current plan less than Rm69? Will speed be upgraded or remain same?

Contributing Citizen ✪

I am doing that right now. They wanna charge me rm160 for the upgrade.

Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Since you said streamyx unable to support the high speed, only able to reduce the price to fare with unifi, can you explain to me the below 2 point.

1. When the time upgrading 10x speeds I am asking your site to discount the streamyx price, they said the price won’t be reduce and there is no body explain that why the streamyx is most expensive in price and slowest in speed.

2. Since TM announce on September 2018 that all streamyx will covered by unifi on March 2019. Why there is still many area still uncover by unifi without any explaination and until now only announce all streamyx will covered by unifi on 2021.