Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAQ on streamyx migration to unifi lite

SOLVED
Contributing Citizen ✪

Re: FAQ on streamyx migration to unifi lite

@remstr wrote:

@socasnov wrote:

According to the FAQ the existing customers will get the speed "as per existing". What does that mean? Will there be a "special speed cap" for existing customers according to their current subscription speed (for example those who are currently subscribing 1mbps package for RM65 will remain paying the same price WITHOUT any speed increment even though the TM infrastructure in that place supports faster speed) despite the maximum 8mbps speed that could be enjoyed by new customers under the same Unifi Lite package?

@socasnovIf you are paying less than RM69, then this prices doesnt affect you at all.

If you want to upgrade to your maximum speed, that is whole other story.

You can upgrade your speed to maximum (depend on your area), and you can do that before 1st Sept to be able to enjoy RM69 price.

I contacted TM via Unifi official facebook account this afternoon and this was their response:

"Berdasarkan pengumuman yang baru di buat oleh pihak TM, kami akan offer kepada pelanggan sedia ada streamyx plan terbaru unifi Air jika masih belum berada di dalam liputan fibre optic dan berada dalam LTE Time Division Complex (TDD) network. Jika anda tidak berada di dalam kedua-dua liputan tersebut, tiada perubahan untuk plan anda kerana caj bulanan di bawah RM69 sebulan untuk caj internet. Tiada sebarang perubahan untuk kelajuan semasa proses migration di buat. Kami akan maklumkan semula jika terdapat sebarang perubahan."

So it seems that what you said were true (about the necessity to upgrade the package before 1 sept in order to enjoy 8mbps max speed at RM69). But from what I observed, TM representatives seems to give different answers to this question to other customers. Some of them were even told that the package will be upgraded automatically together with the speed but the package price will remain as it is now. So I can say that the more we ask them, the more that this become confusing.

Anyway I understand that changing/upgrading my current package by 31 Aug will surely upgrades the speed for RM69. But my current subscription is a combo package from 2008 which includes the homeline monthly rental fee in the package. So my dilemmas are:

1) If I proceed to upgrade, the new package might exclude the rental fee and I might have to pay around RM30 extra (and risking the possibility that my current package might be upgraded automatically to a better speed without price increment after 1 Sept like some of the TM reps said?)

2) If I keep the current package, I risk losing the opportunity to get max 8mbps for a much lower price.

None of us know what exactly will happen after 1 Sept until we get the bill, and by that time it might be too late to regret choosing one of the decisions above.

Sheriff

@Fense wrote:

How about packages for those with current plan less than Rm69? Will speed be upgraded or remain same?

For those with a current plan less than RM69 it will remain and for the speed also will remain. 

unless if you want to upgrade your speed to maximum (depend on your area), and you can do that before 1st Sept to be able to enjoy RM69 price.

kudos.png

Sheriff

@sumwk85 wrote:

I am doing that right now. They wanna charge me rm160 for the upgrade.

The price will reflect on September. 

But if you wish to upgrade now the price will follow your current package. 

kudos.png

Sheriff

@jbtan0429 wrote:

Since you said streamyx unable to support the high speed, only able to reduce the price to fare with unifi, can you explain to me the below 2 point.

1. When the time upgrading 10x speeds I am asking your site to discount the streamyx price, they said the price won’t be reduce and there is no body explain that why the streamyx is most expensive in price and slowest in speed.

2. Since TM announce on September 2018 that all streamyx will covered by unifi on March 2019. Why there is still many area still uncover by unifi without any explaination and until now only announce all streamyx will covered by unifi on 2021.

We should open new thread if you still want to discuss about this, but for the sake of argument i will answer your question here.

1) You are reffering to "turbo" exercise, where TM focus on speed upgrade for unifi customers, and

migration to fiber for selected streamyx customer. I assumed that you didnt get the migration to unifi, that is why you are asking to reduce the streamyx price.

At that time, there are no plan to reduce the streamyx plan, yet. But now here they are, offering you a price cut. But i sensed that you still unhappy with this, i wonder why.

2) TM already planned that. However, sometimes the plan need to be revised, based on many other things taht needs to put into considerations. To pull out the fiber is no easy task.

If you are still unhappy, im not sure what else to do.

footer remstr 1.png

Sheriff

@socasnov wrote:

@remstr wrote:

@socasnov wrote:

According to the FAQ the existing customers will get the speed "as per existing". What does that mean? Will there be a "special speed cap" for existing customers according to their current subscription speed (for example those who are currently subscribing 1mbps package for RM65 will remain paying the same price WITHOUT any speed increment even though the TM infrastructure in that place supports faster speed) despite the maximum 8mbps speed that could be enjoyed by new customers under the same Unifi Lite package?

@socasnovIf you are paying less than RM69, then this prices doesnt affect you at all.

If you want to upgrade to your maximum speed, that is whole other story.

You can upgrade your speed to maximum (depend on your area), and you can do that before 1st Sept to be able to enjoy RM69 price.

I contacted TM via Unifi official facebook account this afternoon and this was their response:

"Berdasarkan pengumuman yang baru di buat oleh pihak TM, kami akan offer kepada pelanggan sedia ada streamyx plan terbaru unifi Air jika masih belum berada di dalam liputan fibre optic dan berada dalam LTE Time Division Complex (TDD) network. Jika anda tidak berada di dalam kedua-dua liputan tersebut, tiada perubahan untuk plan anda kerana caj bulanan di bawah RM69 sebulan untuk caj internet. Tiada sebarang perubahan untuk kelajuan semasa proses migration di buat. Kami akan maklumkan semula jika terdapat sebarang perubahan."

So it seems that what you said were true (about the necessity to upgrade the package before 1 sept in order to enjoy 8mbps max speed at RM69). But from what I observed, TM representatives seems to give different answers to this question to other customers. Some of them were even told that the package will be upgraded automatically together with the speed but the package price will remain as it is now. So I can say that the more we ask them, the more that this become confusing.

Anyway I understand that changing/upgrading my current package by 31 Aug will surely upgrades the speed for RM69. But my current subscription is a combo package from 2008 which includes the homeline monthly rental fee in the package. So my dilemmas are:

1) If I proceed to upgrade, the new package might exclude the rental fee and I might have to pay around RM30 extra (and risking the possibility that my current package might be upgraded automatically to a better speed without price increment after 1 Sept like some of the TM reps said?)

2) If I keep the current package, I risk losing the opportunity to get max 8mbps for a much lower price.

None of us know what exactly will happen after 1 Sept until we get the bill, and by that time it might be too late to regret choosing one of the decisions above.

Hi @socasnov , let me help you.

1) If you are reffering to call plan, yes they will carry your existing call plan. Im not sure about that RM30 though, because i dont know what call plan you are on right now.

2)Personally i think you should go for highest speed you could achieve.

Hope that helps.

footer remstr 1.png

Contributing Citizen ✪

Re: FAQ Streamyx MIGRATION TO unifi LITE

So I have a question, how do I send the request for the upgrade from 1mbps to 8mbps?  Is it through the online portal? If so, I want to know the website. Tq.

Contributing Citizen ✪✪

How I gonna be happy,  we streamyx user is paying the most expensive price all the time when other unifi users using the plan 100 mbps RM129.00 per month since Sep2018 we still need to pay for 160 per month for only 8mbps slow speed. We had paid the unfair bill already 1year you only reduce the price, and there is no any expendation of unifi coverage, so how I gonna be happy.

Beside that,for my site, I am using the plan 8mbps but the speed only get 4-5mbps. Your technician told me it is because of my area unable to support 8 mbps. I had submitted many time complain to your site, your customer service said will submit request for  rebate, but afterthat your sales team making many excauses and reject the rebate request and without any solution, until now, I just get  the rebate on 27-07-19 because I logged a report to MCMC. But after that, I only see TM announced all streamyx reduce price to RM 69 per month, so that mean the rebate become meaningless. So how can I statisfy with the service of TM.

Contributing Citizen ✪

Dear Admin

I have few question to ask:

1. Where can i know request upgarde to 8Mbps ?

2. How about my bill calculation ?

Currrent i am 4mbps package with RM119.90 per month bill ,

Bill payment for Aug ?

Bill payment for Sept ?

Bill payment for Oct ?

3. If request upgarde to 8mbps  need how many days to reflect ?

Any thing need to do ? Or have any TM member will come to my house ?

Contributing Citizen ✪

I hope TM can solve the coverage problem. I'm using a 1mbps then upgraded to 4mbps for almost 5years.I went to the center ask for at least 10 time when will my house can have unifi....Since that the place i live at already changed from Taman to Town,and yet they still don't wanna fix the internet coverage for unifi......Is it too hard to fix this problem?For us who paid more than the unifi users,this is just one and only request for TM

Sheriff

Re: FAQ Streamyx MIGRATION TO unifi LITE

@hoxuzhe16 wrote:

So I have a question, how do I send the request for the upgrade from 1mbps to 8mbps?  Is it through the online portal? If so, I want to know the website. Tq.

You can walk in to TM Point or u may livechat them by click on this link

https://unifi.com.my/chat/index.html

Hope it help

kudos.png