Channel W & Outdoor Channel will cease its services commencing 1 January 2019 (Tuesday).This will impact all unifi TV subscribers
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Outdoor Channel Channel W
(Ch. 741) (Ch. 634)
Removal date : 1st January 2019 (Tuesday)
Impacted customer : All unifi TV subscribers
Impacted segment :
1) Ala Carte channel subscribers (unifi & broadband)
2) unifi TV subscribers (unifi, broadband, broadband for BIZ, HoTES & Hospitality)
3) unifi Play TV subscribers
Solved! Go to Solution.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ) ON CHANNEL W & OUTDOOR CHANNEL DISCONTINUATION
1) What are the channels that will no longer be available on unifi TV?
Starting 1st January 2019, the following channels will no longer be available on unifi TV:
2) Why are those channels no longer available on unifi TV?
3) Who will be affected with these channels removal?
The affected unifi TV customers are:
4) Will there be new channels to be included in unifi TV Pack as replacement for the channels?
unifi TV continues to offer the best of entertainment content offering to our customers. Unfortunately, replacement channel does not apply to this removal exercise. Look out for more exciting channels on unifi TV!
5) Is there any clause or terms that specify TM can remove any channels from unifi TV platform?Each unifi TV pack is governed by the Terms and Conditions (T&C) and customers may refer to clause 14 (Cancellation, Suspension or Delay) which indicates such term of modifying the package.
CANCELLATION, SUSPENSION OR DELAY
6) Is there any notification from TM on the discontinuation of the channels to unifi TV customers?
We have notified all impacted customers via the following notification methods:
7) When I purchase unifi TV Pack, it was mentioned in the flyer that I should get XX number of free channels. Why didn’t TM adhere to provide the same number of channels as stated?
All information mentioned in our marketing collaterals is correct at the time of printing. Our T&C also stated that any changes to the channel listing are subject to clause 14 as mentioned earlier.
8) Why TM only notifies about the discontinuation of the channels on Channel W and Outdoor Channel and not on other channels in unifi TV?
The notification of the discontinuation was broadcasted only on the affected channels as it is more relevant to the impacted customers.
9) Can I get a rebate on unifi TV Pack monthly charges since TM discontinued Channel W and Outdoor Channel which I watch for free when I’m subscribing to unifi TV pack?
The monthly charges of unifi TV Packs reflect the bundled value for the group of entertainment category channels, not by the value of individual channels. Hence, there will be no rebate given to customers following the discontinuation of these channels.
10) Is there any penalty for early unifi TV pack termination?
Monthly Subscription Fee x Number of remaining months
11) I want to report this to MCMC as I feel cheated by TM.
12) Who do I contact if I need further info or should I face any unifi TV service issue?
Feel free to contact us via live chat via Live Chat at com.my/chat, tweet us @helpmeunifi, message us at facebook.com/weareunifi or walk in to any nearest TMpoint outlets. Our team will be happy to assist you further.