cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNIFITV NEWSFLASH: REMOVAL OF CHANNEL W (CH. 741) & OUTDOOR CHANNEL (CH. 634)

SOLVED
Sheriff

UNIFITV NEWSFLASH: REMOVAL OF CHANNEL W (CH. 741) & OUTDOOR CHANNEL (CH. 634)

Channel W & Outdoor Channel will cease its services commencing 1 January 2019 (Tuesday).This will impact all unifi TV subscribers

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

1.jpg                             2.jpg

Outdoor Channel                               Channel W

(Ch. 741)                                        (Ch. 634)

Removal date :  1st January 2019 (Tuesday)

Impacted customer : All unifi TV subscribers

Impacted segment :   

1)   Ala Carte channel subscribers (unifi & broadband)

2)   unifi TV subscribers (unifi, broadband, broadband for BIZ, HoTES & Hospitality)

3)   unifi Play TV subscribers

kudos.png

1 REPLY 1
Sheriff

Re: UNIFITV NEWSFLASH: REMOVAL OF CHANNEL W (CH. 741) & OUTDOOR CHANNEL (CH. 634)

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ) ON CHANNEL W & OUTDOOR CHANNEL DISCONTINUATION

1) What are the channels that will no longer be available on unifi TV?

Starting 1st January 2019, the following channels will no longer be available on unifi TV:

1. Channel W (Ch. 634)
  2. Outdoor Channel (Ch. 741)

2) Why are those channels no longer available on unifi TV?

• unifi TV aims to offer high quality, top-rated channels that will be loved by larger viewers  of unifi TV’s customers and suitable for Malaysia’s local audiences
  • This is in line with our effort to streamline our content offerings to provide the best entertainment experience to our customers.

3) Who will be affected with these channels removal?

The affected unifi TV customers are:

• Ala Carte channel subscribers (unifi & broadband)
  • unifi TV subscribers (unifi, broadband, broadband for BIZ, HoTES & Hospitality)
  • unifi Play TV subscribers

4) Will there be new channels to be included in unifi TV Pack as replacement for the channels?

unifi TV continues to offer the best of entertainment content offering to our customers. Unfortunately, replacement channel does not apply to this removal exercise. Look out for more exciting channels on unifi TV!

5) Is there any clause or terms that specify TM can remove any channels from unifi TV platform?Each unifi TV pack is governed by the Terms and Conditions (T&C) and customers may refer to clause 14 (Cancellation, Suspension or Delay) which indicates such term of modifying the package.

Clause 14:

CANCELLATION, SUSPENSION OR DELAY

1. TM reserves the right to cancel, modify, suspend or delay the subscription of any and/or combination of any unifi TV Pack stated above in the event of any unforeseen circumstances beyond its reasonable control. For the avoidance of doubt, any cancellation, modification, suspension or delay by TM shall not entitle the Subscriber to any claim or compensation against TM for any and all loss or damage suffered or incurred by the Subscriber as a direct or indirect result of the said act(s).

6) Is there any notification from TM on the discontinuation of the channels to unifi TV customers?

We have notified all impacted customers via the following notification methods:

• TV Crawler Messaging (15th December 2018 until 31st December 2018)
  • Trouble Slide Messaging (1st January 2019 until 7th January 2019)

7) When I purchase unifi TV Pack, it was mentioned in the flyer that I should get XX number of free channels. Why didn’t TM adhere to provide the same number of channels as stated?

All information mentioned in our marketing collaterals is correct at the time of printing. Our T&C also stated that any changes to the channel listing are subject to clause 14 as mentioned earlier.

8) Why TM only notifies about the discontinuation of the channels on Channel W and Outdoor Channel and not on other channels in unifi TV?

The notification of the discontinuation was broadcasted only on the affected channels as it is more relevant to the impacted customers.

9) Can I get a rebate on unifi TV Pack monthly charges since TM discontinued Channel W and Outdoor Channel which I watch for free when I’m subscribing to unifi TV pack?

The monthly charges of unifi TV Packs reflect the bundled value for the group of entertainment category channels, not by the value of individual channels. Hence, there will be no rebate given to customers following the discontinuation of these channels.

10) Is there any penalty for early unifi TV pack termination?

• Early termination request by the subscriber before the minimum subscription period ended is subject to a penalty fee.
  • The formula to calculate the penalty fee is as follows:

Monthly Subscription Fee x Number of remaining months

• In the case of Channel W & Outdoor Channel, request on the waiver for early termination charges is not applicable. The penalty amount will be charged as a lump sum in your final bill.

11) I want to report this to MCMC as I feel cheated by TM.

• We apologise for any inconvenience caused. TM holds no right to neither stop nor suggest, shall customer wish to lodge any reports against any product offerings to third party as mediator for settlement.
  • However, please be assured that all activities carried by TM or unifi TV pertaining to the matter are governed by broadcasting licenses under the purview of MCMC.

12) Who do I contact if I need further info or should I face any unifi TV service issue?

Feel free to contact us via live chat via Live Chat at com.my/chat, tweet us @helpmeunifi, message us at facebook.com/weareunifi or walk in to any nearest TMpoint outlets. Our team will be happy to assist you further.

kudos.png