Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#khabarbaik unifi lite for streamyx user

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪

Re: #khabarbaik unifi lite for streamyx user

Hi, i was live chat yesterday before 12am, but they can't check my area coverage whether support 8Mbps due to techinical issue. He asked me to call 100 - Sales Department. However i can't all 100 just now due to off work time.
- How can I check my area coverage and upgrade by today?

"As for existing Streamyx (1mbps, 2mbps, 4mbps, 8mbps) customers which requests for speed upgrade before 31st August 2019, the price reduction will be taking effects on their October 2019 bill. Hope my explaination helps. Feel free to livechat with Unifi support for any enquiries."

- If I request upgrade to 8mbps (if supported), September bill will be RM160+SST and starting October will be RM69?
- What if i did not request by 31st August 2019, will it automatically upgrade to 8Mbps (if supported)?
- and if i request to upgrade after 31st August 2019, how will it charge?
Highlighted
Upholding Citizen ✪

@edwinmiracle wrote:
Hi, i was live chat yesterday before 12am, but they can't check my area coverage whether support 8Mbps due to techinical issue. He asked me to call 100 - Sales Department. However i can't all 100 just now due to off work time.

"As for existing Streamyx (1mbps, 2mbps, 4mbps, 8mbps) customers which requests for speed upgrade before 31st August 2019, the price reduction will be taking effects on their October 2019 bill. Hope my explaination helps. Feel free to livechat with Unifi support for any enquiries."

- If I request upgrade to 8mbps (if supported), September bill will be RM160+SST and starting October will be RM69?
- What if i did not request by 31st August 2019, will it automatically upgrade to 8Mbps (if supported)?

Hi @edwinmiracle 

About the coverage check, i usually livechat with unifi support. However, i didn't receive any answer about cannot check coverage area speed yet. Unifi support always give me answer about my current area speed and what is the maximum speed in my area, which is 10mbps for the moment, and never did they respond "cannot check my coverage area". I never experienced any speed upgrade before, so i cannot tell you about the details of how long the process will take. But i can tell you that, you can request for speed upgrade using the Unifi Portal, under the "Change My Plan". After you submit the request, TM will call you either your area can support the speed you request or not.

Yes. This is as stated by Unifi Support on livechat. I have been livechatting them many times about the #khabarbaik announcement and they answer the same every time i ask about it. That is, IF, you upgrade your speed before 31st August 2019. Your September bill will be as you mentioned, and October bill will be RM69. Please be advised that RM69 is for the Internet only. The Unifi TV & landline phone price will remains the same. I've heard there are some people get charged monthly for landline phone. As for me, it is charged if i make calls only.

If you did not request for speed upgrade, your speed remains the same. But your September bill will be taking the new price effect, which is RM69. I also did ask this on Unifi Support livechat.

About upgrading after the end of the promotion period, you need to ask with Unifi Support. I also don't know how will TM charge it after the promotion period. 

Hope that explains it. Please do contact TM if you have any hesitation. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪

i cek online, already register to PEK JASA, but login to mobile@unifi, sim still use PREPAID

Highlighted
New-in-Town ✪

Hi! I am a streamx user. I want to ask why my area isn't under cover of unifi? Please coverage my area with unifi please because the current internet is too slow for me.

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪

Went to tm point today to request for upgrade to unifi lite. Then the person there told me my home cannot support unifi lite because no FIBRE coverage. WTF is this crap?  Didnt tm say unifi lite is using the current copper network that streamyx was using? Dont you guys even know your own work?

Highlighted
New-in-Town ✪

Hi, kudo. My current plan is 

UnF Lite 10Mbps (SUBB) with STB (3M).

Is this also change to unifi lite? 

Highlighted
Upholding Citizen ✪

@Dean2 wrote:

Went to tm point today to request for upgrade to unifi lite. Then the person there told me my home cannot support unifi lite because no FIBRE coverage. WTF is this crap?  Didnt tm say unifi lite is using the current copper network that streamyx was using? Dont you guys even know your own work?

@Dean2 

Yes correct. Unifi Lite is a migration from Streamyx. Unifi lite is currently using copper network. Certain areas can support either 1mbps (minimum) to 10mbps (maximum). Certain areas maximum speed will differ. As for me, my area can support 10mbps for Unifi Lite. There are other places which can support either 1mbps, 2mbps, 4mbps, 8mbps and 10mbps. I think the staff that explain to you about Unifi Lite didn't know enough about Unifi Lite.

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪✪✪

my kakak sudah request remove unifi tv. dia layak. tengok juga plan. kalau plan ada "WITH HYPP TV" atau "WITH HE LITE" memang tak boleh sebab satu pakej. bulan dpn my akak bayar rm69 je tak termasuk SST

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪

Do you know any other alternative for me to upgrade to unifi lite? Ive had enough with dealing with the staff at tm point. And the 100 call centre is always busy. Last time i called, i need to wait for about 40 minutes to reach the operator only to be told that i should go to tm point for upgrade request.
Highlighted
Upholding Citizen ✪

@Dean2 wrote:
Do you know any other alternative for me to upgrade to unifi lite? Ive had enough with dealing with the staff at tm point. And the 100 call centre is always busy. Last time i called, i need to wait for about 40 minutes to reach the operator only to be told that i should go to tm point for upgrade request.

Well, last time i try to apply using the upgrade form on Unifi website portal which is under "Change My Plan".  Then TM call me after a few days with answer either my place support the new plan i requested or not. I'm not sure if they updated it or not since there is a new plan that TM introduced recently. As mentioned by previous community member, TM Point is the one that will do most of the things (upgrade, downgrade, termination, complain, etc).