Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animax HD

Loh123
Upholding Citizen ✪✪

Re: Animax HD

Two possible reasons.

1. Low viewership. Even Astro only has the viewership of around 550k viewers. 

2. Change of broadcasting right. It could be that Unifi TV has stopped renewing the contract with KC Global Media. Or Astro may have gained the exclusive broadcasting right for this channel along with its sister channels (AXN, ONE and GEM). 

Will Unifi TV bring Animax HD back to the platform? They sure will if there're too much of noise out there on social media. Will they keep it if they revive it? It's your responsibility to tune in frequently to maintain the viewership of the channel, so they won't cease it again. That's my insight. 

Rapter
Contributing Citizen ✪✪✪

Hi. YeeHoubackup

Ok. Good point.

Is Animax on Astro also in HD?

YeeHoubackup
Upholding Citizen ✪

@Rapter wrote:

Hi. YeeHoubackup

Ok. Good point.

Is Animax on Astro also in HD?

Nope, Still SD version on Astro. Upgrade to Animax HD starts September 1st on Astro CH 719.

Reason : no chance to revive.

Rapter
Contributing Citizen ✪✪✪

Hi. YeeHoubackup

I see. Well lets hope Unifi will add Aniplus Asia as the replacement for Animax if no chances for revival at all.  Otherwise there will be no anime channel on Unifi. 

After browsing through many online articles I too strongly believe that this move has something to do with KC Global Media contract renewal.  Since the online live version of Animax HD was also removed from  SonyLIV app after the change of the channel's owner from Sony Pictures Entertainment.

CathanKing610
Upholding Citizen ✪✪

Now astro has Animax HD and Unifi TV haven't replaced any anime channels yet. 

Rapter
Contributing Citizen ✪✪✪

No hope

CathanKing610
Upholding Citizen ✪✪

The hope is always there, let's wait for Unifi TV surprise in 2021, I'm sure something's coming to all customers by Unifi TV.

dammon23
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

You're right. Astro keeps updating new channels to replace cease transmission channels like Disney Junior, Disney Channel HD and  Disney XD HD, Unifi TV can do that too 

Ja6
New-in-Town ✪✪

Yes keep Animax pls
Ja6
New-in-Town ✪✪

Yes pls re live Animax channel ba