BBC Player and Unifi Ultimate pack

sweetface01
Contributing Citizen ✪

BBC Player and Unifi Ultimate pack

Hi all,

I'm having issue to use enjoy BBC player as it was given complimentary for Ultimate pack users.

From this link,

https://community.unifi.com.my/t5/Product-and-Service/unifiTV-East-Meets-West-On-Demand-Entertainmen...

It says,

How to enjoy BBC Player?

Unifi TV Ultimate Pack Subscribers

• Step 1: Connect your device to your unifi home network the first time.
  • Step 2: Visit www.player.bbc.com or download the BBC Player app via the Apple App Store and Google Play Store
  • Step 3: Sign in and start watching contents on BBC Player

Plus another PDF guide,

https://unifi.com.my/assets/documents/tv/BBC-Player-TCs-2017.pdf

but even though i click sign in with Unifi,

it says trial expired and have to sign up.

When we go to the sign up page, it says package for non Ultimate pack users. so somthing is not right somewhere.

Which kind soul can help through this.

The Technical folks over the phone said it expired.

The chat team says go through the VOD on the tv...no one is understanding the guide properly..

6 REPLIES 6
remstr
Mayor

Re: BBC Player and Unifi Ultimate pack

Hi there @sweetface01 ,

Just to check, before you click that you are already connected with your unifi at home, correct?

What device you are using right now? i mean the one that you want to install the BBC Player.

sweetface01
Contributing Citizen ✪

Hi Remstr,

Yes, definitely my home internet conencted to Unifi.

I've tried from PC browser (going to bbc player website) and also from bbc player app from mobile phone.

Both of it says the same, need to sign in to continue.

When I press continue, it says only 1 option, Non Ultimate user to subcribe @10 a month.

I know there are BBC channels also in TV but not all are there, except one, which is BBC Brit exclusive to the native platform.

Since we can enjoy it, i like to catch up on some series there since Netflix dont interest me that much these days.

al-walid99
Distinguished Citizen ✪✪✪

i ultimate pack too, yeap you need connect with unifi home. but after you success connect, we need subsribe BBC player. one month addons ur bil RM10. i dont know why TM always promo this apps if we need subscribe this apps. we are already ultimate subscribers. and unifi home subscribers. maybe admin have the answer for the question.

#admin#

GPY-3568
Contributing Citizen ✪

Hi there, I faced the same issue back in March 2020. Just drop by https://www.bbcasia.com/contact/ and send them a complaint or enquiry informing of your problem with BBC player. Be ready with your unifi ID, proof of unifi ultimate pack subscription and IP address if needed. The BBC tech support team will get in touch with you via email and asks for more clarification including screenshot of failure of signing into BBC player app on your unifi plus box. Please be patient as it will take time for them to understand and rectify the issue. Don't worry, the BBC tech support team will guide you as they troubleshoot the problem from their site in UK. Since it was lockdown in UK and Malaysia back in March, it took them more than a month to resolve this problem but in the end, my problem is solved and I'm watching BBC player via my unifi plus box! The BBC tech support team was really helpful in resolving my problem, I'm very grateful for their assistance!
sivasankarss
Contributing Citizen ✪

Same problem I faced today. I cannot watch using BBC Player  from today. The page is asking me to press the Subscribe Button. But there is only one option for Non Ultimate Subsciber. Must pay RM10. I am Ultimate Pack also. 

Anybody else facing this issue also?

sivasankarss
Contributing Citizen ✪

I can watch again using the BBC Player app. On both my phone and ATV ( Mi Box S), I cleared the cache and data. After that I clicked on the BBC Player app, it gave thr option of sign-in with Unifi. I tapped on that option and it signed in. After that I can play the series and videos again like usual. 

The only downside to this way is that all the previously watched history has gone.