cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(CONFIRMED) New Channels To Be Launched On Oct 1

CathanKing610
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

Re: (CONFIRMED) New Channels To Be Launched On Oct 1

For the cessation of Baby TV HD, probably Unifi TV will bring Cartoon Network HD this time? I wonder.

Lenon1
Contributing Citizen ✪✪✪

The cessation of all Nat Geo channels really gives me the chills. I cant watched The Incredible Dr.Pol starting next month and also other animal life. Unifi TV can bring in Discovery group channels and Animal Planet HD or History HD for the replacement channels. I thought that Unifi TV will keep that 4 channels too. Looks like I'm wrong.

Loh123
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

@CathanKing610, Unifi TV will bring in full suite of WarnerMedia Asia channels if they actually plan to launch CN. What I can say is just wait and see. I believe the new Unifi TV manager knows very well what he's doing and what the audience wants to see.

Loh123
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

@Lenon1, not to offend you, but it's absurd for Unifi TV to keep 6  Disney/FOX channels and pay more than what they used to pay before. Fyi, the more channels you license from the same content/channel provider, the cheaper you need to pay. Licensing 17 (Disney/FOX) channels are more "affordable" compared to licensing 6 Disney/FOX channels (SCM, SCC, Nat Geo, Nat Geo Wild, BabyTV and Sky News). If you want to continue watching content from Disney/FOX, SCM and Nat Geo networks, you can subscribe to Disney+ Hotstar.

Loh123
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

Speaking of Discovery Network channels and A+E Network channels, Unifi TV team is still working on bringing a bouquet of "learning" channels and "movies" channels (probably HBO).

Lenon1
Contributing Citizen ✪✪✪

Yesterday i watched the source about new Aneka Pack, Ruby Pack and Varnam Pack new channels. I think that Gem HD and Animax HD are more suitable in these pack channels rather than only available in Ultimate Pack. What do you guys think?  I was shocked to see that HITS Movies HD are available in all Aneka, Ruby and Varnam Pack category, thanks Unifi TV for adding a new movie channel to us.

Loh123
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

@Lenon1, GEM and Animax are considered as the premium destination of Japanese drama series and anime. Even Astro offers Animax as part of their Variety Pack. 

As for HITS Movies, Astro also made it available for all Astro HD subscribers, so it's not that "surprising" to see HITS Movies included in every pack.

al-walid99
Distinguished Citizen ✪✪

Hits Movies don't have premium movies. only retro movies. if hits movies, have premiere movies like's Fox Movies maybe hits movies only Ultimate subscribers can watch.

Lenon1
Contributing Citizen ✪✪✪

@Loh123 wrote:

Speaking of Discovery Network channels and A+E Network channels, Unifi TV team is still working on bringing a bouquet of "learning" channels and "movies" channels (probably HBO).

You're right. Hopefully Unifi TV will do something for the cessation of NAT Geo HD and NAT Geo Wild HD.

Loh123
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

@Lenon1, @al-walid99, @CathanKing610, @AqFad Another wave of new channels and OTT apps are coming to Unifi TV platform. (Source: TM Newsroom)

"This development is expected to have minimal impact on users as unifi will be rolling out more content variety and streaming app partners in the next few months to ensure subscribers’ viewing needs are met.

As a leading content aggregator in Malaysia, unifi continuously strives in meeting the dynamic shift of consumers’ content consumption in line with the digital lifestyle. Stay tuned as unifi will be rolling out more content variety and streaming app partners in the next few months to ensure subscribers’ viewing needs are met."

Which channels and OTT apps you want to see soon?