Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cessation of Sony MAX, Sony SAB and Sony SET

remstr
Mayor

Cessation of Sony MAX, Sony SAB and Sony SET

Hi guys.

We wish to inform you that Sony Max Ch 331, Sony SAB Ch 342 & Sony SET Ch 312 will cease their LIVE channel broadcast effective 1st January 2022.

Additional note:

If you are a Varnam Plus Pack subscriber, you can redeem and access to Simply South streaming app included in your pack by 1st January 2022.

Redeem and activate here  www.activate.unifi.com.my

If you are an Ultimate Pack subscriber, you can redeem and access 3 streaming apps (BBC Player, Lionsgate Play and choice of 1 from iQiyi/Viu/Simply South/ZEE5). These 3 apps are already included in your pack.

Redeem and activate here  www.activate.unifi.com.my

We also have streaming app options for you to watch on unifi Plus Box or mobile app. You can also subscribe to ShemarooMe, YuppTV and ZEE5 streaming app ala carte at www.activate.unifi.com.my

7 REPLIES 7
MovieGuy
Upholding Citizen ✪

Re: Cessation of Sony MAX, Sony SAB and Sony SET

But get Simply South for free. Not bad deal

al-walid99
Distinguished Citizen ✪✪✪

3 channel shutdown and replaced with Simply South apps.

Loh123
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

@remstr, Unifi TV should consider replacing Polimer with Zee Tamil HD and upgrading Colors Hindi to HD version. 

Also, is it possible for the team to launch more mini packs like TVB packs, Zee Pack, HBO Pack, Bein Sports Pack and Discovery Pack? Subscribers will have more options to subscribe to more preferred channels instead of increasing the price of current packs or/and limiting to the budget of these packs. My suggestion is as follow:

1) TVB Pack: TVB Jade HD (CH 231), TVB Xing He HD (CH 232) + access to TVBAnywhere+ VOD Zone

2) Zee Pack: Zee Tamil HD (CH 312), Zee Thirai (CH 302), Zee Cinema (CH 331), Zee TV (CH 342) along with access to Zee5 app

3) HBO Pack: HBO HD (CH 401), HBO HITS HD (CH 402), HBO Family HD (CH 403), HBO Signature HD (CH 404), Cinemax HD (CH 405) and access to HBO MAX

4) Discovery Pack: Discovery HD (CH 506), Discovery Science HD (CH 507), Animal Planet HD (CH 508), Discovery Asia HD (CH 509) and Eurosports HD (CH 708) along with access to Discovery+

5) beIN Sports Pack: beIN Sports HD (CH 709), beIN Sports MAX HD (CH 710) and access to beIN Sports CONNECT

The prices will be determined based on the cost of the linear channels carriage fee and the subscription fee of the apps. Thank you! 

Kasmaini
Distinguished Citizen ✪✪

We hope that TM will bring more great content to unifi TV After this

namzansar
New-in-Town ✪

Whattt????

The only channel i watch in UnifiTV is Sony SET.

I already choose Zee5 streaming app after you removed other channel and now you are going to remove the Sony SET...

If like that, TM should provide option to us to choose "SonyLIV" streaming app.

The "LionsGate Play" streaming app is totally worst... you force us to choose that App.

So many useful contents been removed from UnifiTV by TM .

Loh123
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

@namzansar Hmm...a lot of SonyLIV titles can be streamed free on YouTube. Also, Sony India and Zee India will merge and become one huge Indian entertainment company. We'll see whether they will create an app to have all the contents produced by both of them (or continuing with the Zee5 app).

As for Lionsgate Play, I know it's not a decent idea to have it compared to other popular apps like HBO GO and Disney+ Hotstar, but the issue is that Astro already signed the exclusive bundle deals with both apps, so what hasn't been taken by Astro is Lionsgate Play. That's why Unifi TV chooses it. Unifi TV may have more apps like Paramount+, HBO MAX and Discovery+ in the near future. But still, these apps may not be part of Ultimate Pack. 

gs1981my
New-in-Town ✪

Actually the Lionsgate is ok for me. Cause I watch more Hindi and English. The thing is the BBC is the not very recommend. It's useless. What they should do is replace with SonyLiv.  It's like more Tamil live channels and it's like same as Astro network. Better I purchase TvBox easier. TM plz consider Bollywood (Hindi) channels too.