Changed router and now hypptv doesn't work

Gwenl
New-in-Town ✪

Hi, I have recently changed my router to a TP-link AX1800 router. I connected Hypptv lan cable to lan 1 as per the installation guide provided by TP-link. Everything seems to be connected but I can't watch anything on my hypptv. I called unifi and they asked me to connect the Hypptv cable to lan 4 of the router, which is different from the instruction given by TP-link. Please help!!

13 REPLIES 13
al-walid99
Distinguished Citizen ✪✪✪

Re: Changed router and now hypptv doesn't work

all router need connect  LAN port no 4 for unifi tv. you need setting on ur router. go to vlan setting on ur router. 

Lan port 1- internet

Lan port 2- internet

Lan port 3- internet

Lan port 4- iptv

New-in-Town ✪✪

I had same problem. 

Router TP LINK AX1800 by default it setting for IPTV is at LAN1 when we select MALAYSIA-UNIFI setting.

al-walid99
Distinguished Citizen ✪✪✪

LAN 4 for unifi tv, can't use LAN 1 . change ur setting on ur router. unifi tv need LAN 4.

Joe69
Contributing Citizen ✪

'Disable' Multicast:

- IGMP Proxy

- IGMP Snooping

- Wireless Multicast Forwarding

nahdan
Contributing Citizen ✪

@Gwenl wrote:

Hi, I have recently changed my router to a TP-link AX1800 router. I connected Hypptv lan cable to lan 1 as per the installation guide provided by TP-link. Everything seems to be connected but I can't watch anything on my hypptv. I called unifi and they asked me to connect the Hypptv cable to lan 4 of the router, which is different from the instruction given by TP-link. Please help!!

Hello! Recently, I also face the same issue. Try to disable all the settings below, it worked fine for me.
Spoiler
image.png

muhamadnazren
New-in-Town ✪

Same to me. I already changed my router to huawei ax3. But when call unifi service they ask to put on lan 4. But my new router only have 3 port. So now still can't watch my unifi tv

ojsec
Distinguished Citizen ✪✪

i check my router status : Lan1 = internet , Lan2 = ipTV , Lan3 = TR069 , Lan4 = voice

then i go setup find ethernet WAN , inside there got setting to change i click ipTV edit , it can choose Port Mapping to Lan 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 , my is 4 , maybe you can try on it ?

before try better record down the default setting .

ahmadzuhairi
New-in-Town ✪✪

This really works!!!! Thank you very much to whoever you are..

Just disable the listed items at the Network>IPTV/VLAN setting in your wifi router setting.

ahmadzuhairi
New-in-Town ✪✪

This really works!!!! Thank you very much to whoever you are..

Just disable the listed items at the Network>IPTV/VLAN setting in your wifi router setting.