cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Subtitles Option Is Available Now For The New Channels (Oct 2021)

Loh123
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

Multiple Subtitles Option Is Available Now For The New Channels (Oct 2021)

It's been 3 weeks since 10 new channels launched on Unifi TV platform. One issue occured since the launch, which is the lack of the multiple subtitles option on these new channels. I messaged the Unifi TV team yesterday night regarding. Fortunately, the technical team started fixing the issue by removing the hard-coded subtitles and replacing them with the multiple subtitles option. As of 3:36 AM, 22 Oct 2021, several new channels (including CCM, HITS Movies, AXN, K+, GEM and Animax) have been replaced with the multiple subtitles option.

Fyi, the availability of the multiple subtitles option is to provide the viewers with the convenience of changing the language of the subtiles and even turning them off. Other than that, the previous hard-coded subtitles were technically blurrer compared to the current multiple subtitles option, as the system no longer needs to blend the subtitles into the picture, which will literally degrade its quality.

6 REPLIES 6
AqFad
Upholding Citizen ✪

Re: Multiple Subtitles Option Is Available Now For The New Channels (Oct 2021)

@Loh123 wrote:

It's been 3 weeks since 10 new channels launched on Unifi TV platform. One issue occured since the launch, which is the lack of the multiple subtitles option on these new channels. I messaged the Unifi TV team yesterday night regarding. Fortunately, the technical team started fixing the issue by removing the hard-coded subtitles and replacing them with the multiple subtitles option. As of 3:36 AM, 22 Oct 2021, several new channels (including CCM, HITS Movies, AXN, K+, GEM and Animax) have been replaced with the multiple subtitles option.

Fyi, the availability of the multiple subtitles option is to provide the viewers with the convenience of changing the language of the subtiles and even turning them off. Other than that, the previous hard-coded subtitles were technically blurrer compared to the current multiple subtitles option, as the system no longer needs to blend the subtitles into the picture, which will literally degrade its quality.

But there is literally a problem,

No Awesome Tv, no TVS (possibly because the Astro Ad bulit in), no great movies channels and no F1, Bundlesliga and more sports that was available in FOX Sports but not available in SPOTV/Unifi Sports.

linkinstreet
New-in-Town ✪

This is not what the thread is about

@AqFad wrote:

@Loh123 wrote:

No Awesome Tv, no TVS (possibly because the Astro Ad bulit in), no great movies channels and no F1, Bundlesliga and more sports that was available in FOX Sports but not available in SPOTV/Unifi Sports.

MovieGuy
Contributing Citizen ✪✪✪

But I start to enjpy Lionsgate play more and more. You need to realise that they are going towards OTT and less on linear. If you do not watch streaming apps, then you better unsubsribe

AqFad
Upholding Citizen ✪

@linkinstreet wrote:

@AqFad wrote:

@Loh123 wrote:

This is not what the thread is about

I know, but now many Unifi TV customer is mad at Unifi right now because of the less channels and that HITS Movies thing.

MovieGuy
Contributing Citizen ✪✪✪

i think unifi need to communicate harder to their customers to raise awareness of OTT

Loh123
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

@AqFad, @linkinstreet and @MovieGuy, as you all know, HITS Movies is included in all the Plus Packs and Ultimate Pack, which implies that Unifi TV uses it to replace the FOX entertainment channels (FOX, FX and FOX Life). As for movies channels, we still need to wait for quite a while as the negotiation continues. But the outcome may not be what we expected. For example, Unifi TV may launch its first in-house movies channel(s) partnered with its current OTT partners like Lionsgate Play and Amazon Prime or bring in HBO channels (which may require a cross-carriage deal with Astro. 

When Unifi TV first bundled FOX Movies channels as part of Ultimate Pack priced at RM 60, I knew it was a terrible idea. Why? Most Asian countries (the ones that offer premium channels with almost the exact pricing) offer FOX Movies channels alone more than RM 30. For example, NOW TV HK previously offered FOX Movies channel + Thrill at around RM 45. Probably, Unifi TV didn't expect that a premium movies network like FOX Movies will be ceased "for good", so they didn't prepare for any replacement channels. So, I'm going to say that it's "reasonable" for Unifi TV to take more time finding a way to bring HBO or/and other premium movies channel(s) into their platform.

But even if HBO channels have been launched on Unifi TV as part of Ultimate Pack, I don't think they will bundle HBO GO or HBO MAX along with it. It's too expensive.