Now you can watch unifi TV from your Samsung Smart TV!

lukmanhakimlah
New-in-Town ✪

Re: Now you can watch unifi TV from your Samsung Smart TV!

Hi,

I am already a user for the unifi TV app for samsung TVs. I have recently bought another TV with the model number AU7700K (exact model UA55AU7700K) but the unifi TV app is not listed in the app store.

This TV model is definitely new, as it was just released around last year, and since I have another older model that is able to work with the app.

May I know if this is due to the app not ported for the newer TVs or something as such?

She321
Sheriff

Hi @lukmanhakimlah ,

Your Samsung smart TV should run on Tizen OS (Version 2020 & 2021). If you can’t find the unifi TV app in your Samsung smart TV app store, might be your new TV model is not compatible with the app.

Akw
Contributing Citizen ✪

I think the UnifiTV beta app has been removed from Samsung TV store.

( My TV bought last year installed and still running with the Beta app but when I check the current Samsung store , it is no longer there..!)

Unifi TV developer should andwer this.

J0seY
Sheriff

Hi @Akw, @lukmanhakimlah 

unifi app is currently in Beta version. At the moment, this beta version is only available for Samsung Smart TV running on Tizen OS.

Akw
Contributing Citizen ✪

Yes, I know 

My Samsung smart TV is running with Taizen OS.

I downloaded the beta version few months back and it is running okay on my set.

What I am saying above is...in Jan till now ( my guess ) the Beta app is no more available in Samsung TV store.

If U happen to reset or delete the original app..there is no way to download and reinstall.

Charmy1
Sheriff

Hi,  Akw.

Maybe you can contact livechat team or call 100 to check on this issue. 

Siti73
Contributing Citizen ✪

Hi, how to add subtitle?

_NMN_
Sheriff

Hi @Siti73 The subtitle will depend on the content provider. You may choose the selection available depending on that program/channel. 

Siti73
Contributing Citizen ✪

There's no option to add subtitle. The screen shot provided has that option though.
StephenS
Contributing Citizen ✪

Sadly, I just have had a Live chat with TM, and the agent told me, the unifi TV app is only applicable for selected Samsung Smart TV (model 2020) ONLY! However, TM didn't share the list of the supported Samsung Smart TV neither.

I'm using Samsung AU9000 4K UHD Smart TV (2021), which running on Tizen OS. Nothing "unifi" found on Samsung TV apps.

And what's next best suggestion for this? Latest and greatest Smart TVs are not "smart" enough to use the older technology / apps? Hmm, food for thought.

Source:
unifi.com.my/tv/devices/other-smart-tvs