Did you mean: 

Replacement channels (Suggestion)

SOLVED
dammon23
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

Replacement channels (Suggestion)

@remstr @anr077 @LuvAngelz 

Dear admin and Unifi TV team,

Since April 2021, Unifi TV had around 74 channels (not included CH110 highlights and CH888 Movie Lounge). During the community discussion, I've realised that Unifi TV can bring two channels, just only the decision made by the TV team, therefore, I suggested two channels that are K-Plus HD and Aniplus Asia HD. 

Source: Credit to @Loh123 for the information regarding  both channels.

Reply from Aniplus Asia team in messenger:

"We appreciate your kind support and will relay this message to the team for their evaluation/consideration. It may also help if you could drop a message to your service provider so that we can reach more people"

Reply from K-Plus team via messenger:

Hi, thank you for your support! Our team is always working hard to bring the channel to more audiences. It would help if you could relay this feedback to the platform too. Have a good day!"

From the message  above, it's known that the channel provider are currently looking for more audiences to broadcast their channels wider, so Unifi TV can give it a try to launch these channels or doing a survey from Unifi TV customers so that both channels can gain more views and it won't be a problem about price. I will be accept the decision by Unifi TV whether yes or no to launch these channels.

5 REPLIES 5
al-walid99
Distinguished Citizen ✪

Re: Replacement channels (Suggestion)

we need more chienese channel especially from TVB for replace more chienese channel on unifi tv. chienese channel only 4 channel on ruby pack plus.

if unifi tv team can bring TVB Jade, TVB xing He, TVB Pearl.  

CathanKing610
Upholding Citizen ✪✪

@al-walid99 wrote:

we need more chienese channel especially from TVB for replace more chienese channel on unifi tv. chienese channel only 4 channel on ruby pack plus.

if unifi tv team can bring TVB Jade, TVB xing He, TVB Pearl.  

I heard that Astro stills own the exclusive contract for two years, so it's impossible for Unifi TV to launch these channels.

Loh123
Upholding Citizen ✪✪

That's right! Unifi TV should consider launching their first Chinese in-house channel, which showcases first-run drama series from China and Taiwan since both countries release more than 60 titles per month and Astro only carries a limited amount of them.

Fyi, Dimsum will completely stop operation starting from this Sept.

Link: https://www.contentasia.tv/news/star-media-shutters-dimsum-malaysian-streaming-platform-exits-30-sep...

That means anyone who subscribes to Dimsum app through Unifi TV will lose access to the content soon. Unifi TV should launch their own in-house channels as the alternative for their viewers to continue watching the content on big-screen and devices.

However, the cost of launching a new in-house channel is varied due to the licensing type and price of the content. Some content that requires high budget to produce will be sold at higher price. Unifi TV can decide whether they want to acquire the exclusive TV rights of the content. Another thing is the availability of subtitles. Just like any TV provider or channel provider in Asia, Unifi TV can pay companies like SDI Media to provide subtitles for their in-house channels. 

In conclusion, Unifi TV will the one to decide whether they will launch this channel and include it in Ruby Plus Pack or just the Ultimate Pack.

But that's not really what concerns the team right now as the next big thing everyone talking about is Disney+. Will Unifi TV be the official distributor of this OTT platform or Astro will get it instead or all Malaysians can subscribe it through all telcos and mobile app stores will be the one that determines the future king of TV entertainment. 👍😃

dammon23
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

@dammon23 wrote:

Since April 2021, Unifi TV had around 74 channels (not included CH110 highlights and CH888 Movie Lounge). During the community discussion, I've realised that Unifi TV can bring two channels, just only the decision made by the TV team, therefore, I suggested two channels that are K-Plus HD and Aniplus Asia HD. 

"We appreciate your kind support and will relay this message to the team for their evaluation/consideration. It may also help if you could drop a message to your service provider so that we can reach more people"

Hi, thank you for your support! Our team is always working hard to bring the channel to more audiences. It would help if you could relay this feedback to the platform too. Have a good day!"

From the message  above, it's known that the channel provider are currently looking for more audiences to broadcast their channels wider, so Unifi TV can give it a try to launch these channels or doing a survey from Unifi TV customers so that both channels can gain more views and it won't be a problem about price. I will be accept the decision by Unifi TV whether yes or no to launch these channels.

New topic : Which broadcaster astro or Unifi TV will broadcast Tokyo Olympic Games?

CathanKing610
Upholding Citizen ✪✪

@dammon23 wrote:

@dammon23 wrote:

New topic : Which broadcaster astro or Unifi TV will broadcast Tokyo Olympic Games?

Due to pandemic, it's still unknown yet.