cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen mirroring playtv

arifjusoh
Contributing Citizen ✪

Screen mirroring playtv

Since playtv still does not support casting using Chromecast or other similar casting sticks, why not let us do screen mirroring?

I found out that everytime I try screen mirroring, an error will popup.

At least give us option. Im so frustrated. I have smart tv, but its too smart to use playtv.
Atleast most of streaming app have the basic function - Cast to TV via Chromecast. As long the app implement Google Cast SDK , most of the smart tv are able to enjoy the benefits of it. Plus, implementing the SDK is not that hard, I cant see the reason why this cant be added in the app. https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/developers

4 REPLIES 4
remstr
Mayor

Re: Screen mirroring playtv

@arifjusoh wrote:

Since playtv still does not support casting using Chromecast or other similar casting sticks, why not let us do screen mirroring?

I found out that everytime I try screen mirroring, an error will popup.

At least give us option. Im so frustrated. I have smart tv, but its too smart to use playtv.
Atleast most of streaming app have the basic function - Cast to TV via Chromecast. As long the app implement Google Cast SDK , most of the smart tv are able to enjoy the benefits of it. Plus, implementing the SDK is not that hard, I cant see the reason why this cant be added in the app. https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/developers

Hi there @arifjusoh , yes screen casting was not supported by playTV app right now. im not sure due to what but unfortunately they just cant.

But maybe TM will do something in their next app update?

al-walid99
Distinguished Citizen ✪✪✪

Not only Unifi@play tv, astro go also can't mirroring or chromecast.

lbw
New-in-Town ✪

can use plus box and google home app on mobile to cast.
hamiasmai
Contributing Citizen ✪

It is simply because enabling that will make people consider not to purchase unifi tv box. That's also why they disable unifi tv app login on the smart TV.

As a user, I'm really disappointed.