cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The trouble with cancelling hypptv

Contributing Citizen ✪

The trouble with cancelling hypptv

I am currently subscribed/upgraded automatically to TM's 500mbps turbo plan (unifi). In my pre-upgraded plan, I have this HyppTV bundled together, amounting to RM30-00. I am now clear of the 2 year contract. Since I do not use HyppTV at all, I thought of cancelling the HyppTV and also downgrading my plan to 100mbps. However when I called TM customer service, I was told I can't cancel HyppTV even if i am no longer bound by the 2 year contract. I was also told even if I downgrade, which means I will need to sign a new 2 year contract with TM for the 100mbps plan which doesn't come with hypptv, I still can't cancel my hypptv subscription. I asked what if I cancel my entire subscription and resubscribe and I was told I can do that, and that will end my hypptv subscription but I will need to take the router and devices myself to TM point and cancel. I asked since I intend to resubscribe, can't I use the same device, since I am downgrading and equipment need not change and again I was told  no, I can't. And to resubscribe, I need to wait 14 days for installation. I find this very unfair to me. I am  no longer bound by the 2 year contract, so I should be able to cancel hypptv anytime. And since I intend to downgrade and I will need to sign again a 2 year contract for the 100mbps plan, then I should also be able to refresh my account and do away with the hypptv. But I can't. The only way I can do so is to cancel entire plan, return devices myself, wait 2 weeks for installation, etc etc when I still want to use unifi, I just want to cancel hypptv. I don't understand why am I being saddled with extra cost and extra burden when I am no longer bound by the 2 year restriction. This is very unreasonable and unfair. I am sure I am not the only one wasting RM30 for a service I do not use at all and shouldn't be bundled with a new plan that doesn't even come with the hypptv at all. 

Anyone with the same problem?

7 REPLIES
New-in-Town ✪

Re: The trouble with cancelling hypptv

same here. seems like theres no other choice but to look for other internet providers. im searching for one now

Contributing Citizen ✪

Maxis same price for 100mbps but been reading good and bad reviews.

Unifi just needs to let us cancel the hypptv or allow us to cancel entire subscription by assisting in collection of the devices and installing new ones instead of making things so difficult or having such unfair terms. I remember reading hypptv can cancel after the mandatory time.

Sheriff

hi @KatherineLim, as far as i know, unifi TV cannot be excluded in existing package, unless you are subscribing to new package which i believe doesnt have TV anymore, just in app.

For your situation, i can advise you to walk in to TMpoint and discuss with them, can you downgrade to a new package, because you dont want unifi TV.

Im sure everything can be sorted out, nice and clean.

footer remstr 1.png

Contributing Citizen ✪

I called TM. I wanted to downgrade and I will need to sign a new 2 year contract which I have no issue. But I still can't cancel hypptv despite new package having no hypptv. The only way is to terminate entire unifi and resubscribe in new package. Which means I need to take away all my devices and return to tm point and then wait 14 days to reinstall. I am a long time TM subscriber and I have no wish to go to another Service Provider. but they are making me very very tempted to might as well subscribe to another service provider. To Tm this is non negotiable. It is not like some pasar malam deal. I found online a hypptv T&C which says after mandatory period subscriber can opt out. Now even if I downgrade to a new plan, new contract, that hypptv is still there. Either it can be done or it can't be done. If it can be done, it should be clearly said so. If it can't, it is unfair and unreasonable. I believe I am not the only one feeling aggrieved by this. 

Sheriff

@KatherineLim, IF you were to terminate this account, and re-apply new packages, i dont think it will took 14 days for you to get new one.

You can read my article here on 24hrs installation.

Or to make it simple, here are the steps that you can follow.

1. Request for termination, i strongly advise you to walk in to TMpoint.

2. They will give you 30 days, and you can use it as usual.

3. After 30 days, bring your equipments to TMpoint & pay for your final account.

4. On exact same moment, apply for new package that you desire.

5. Wait 24hrs for installation.

Usually, some TMpoint can receive that equipments without need to wait for 30days.

If that so, its faster for you to re-apply.

OK?

footer remstr 1.png

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪

on 3rd february i made a report saying that my hyptv box is not functioning. I called TM cust service that day. After i made the report the guy in the line ask me whether i wanna renew my contract (i am their customer since 2011 btw) or being charged for the box in the next bill. i tried to explain that the box is theirs. if its in failure then i will not be able to enjoy the service which i should and paid for. the guy tried to be fast and make me choose to renew the contract (i really dissapointed with the way he asked me and pushed me to choose). and the biggest angpow is the guy remind me that there will be another "service charge" which i should pay to the technician himself. whattt????

its 12th and still waiting for the technician to come. and im thinking for termination as well. contract is not complete until they put the new box in btw...its a basic contract law...

Turbo service does not seem to be TURBO at all..
Sheriff

@Iswatonie wrote:
on 3rd february i made a report saying that my hyptv box is not functioning. I called TM cust service that day. After i made the report the guy in the line ask me whether i wanna renew my contract (i am their customer since 2011 btw) or being charged for the box in the next bill. i tried to explain that the box is theirs. if its in failure then i will not be able to enjoy the service which i should and paid for. the guy tried to be fast and make me choose to renew the contract (i really dissapointed with the way he asked me and pushed me to choose). and the biggest angpow is the guy remind me that there will be another "service charge" which i should pay to the technician himself. whattt????

its 12th and still waiting for the technician to come. and im thinking for termination as well. contract is not complete until they put the new box in btw...its a basic contract law...

Turbo service does not seem to be TURBO at all..

Regarding your issue, i think that is the current practice here in Malaysia. After the warranty period usually if the thing are broken, you kinda need to pay for it.

Same goes with other appliances/services, UNLESS you have an unlimited/lifetime warranty.

footer remstr 1.png