cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UnifiTV Set Top Box not responding to remote

RazzNina
New-in-Town ✪

UnifiTV Set Top Box not responding to remote

My Set Top Box is able to boot up and display properly, however it does not respond to the remote. It is not hanged, but I cannot move the cursor or do any other function with the remote. This also means I cannot access UnifiTV because it will be stuck in the main menu after booting.

It does not seem to be a problem with the remote control. I've changed the batteries, and even used another remote, but it still does not do anything.

Does the STB need to be replaced? Or is there another way to fix this?

6 REPLIES 6
remstr
Mayor

Re: UnifiTV Set Top Box not responding to remote

Hai @RazzNina ,

Try to restart your plus box again. That is the common problem with android box.

rachelchaicy
Contributing Citizen ✪

Sir, im facingvthe same problem too. May i know how to restart it? On off the tv box will do ? My tv box 3rd light blinking when i press the buttons but no response at all ,only red button (on off)works.. i hv changed new batteries but still no response

al-walid99
Distinguished Citizen ✪

i think ur remote control have problem. ur stb dont have any problem. you need change the new remote control.

rachelchaicy
Contributing Citizen ✪

Hi sir , but the cotroller can be used for other brand tv box... should i reset the hypptv?

Ayue84
Contributing Citizen ✪

Hi! Did u got solve the problem? I also facing the same. 

muisali
Contributing Citizen ✪

i have similar problem, i think the STB unit is faulty, called up unifi and after a few emails, the conclusion are as follows:
rm53 for a tech to visit for whatever reason:
to replace the stb set RM300 (since i finish my contract)
to replace the set for free, need to have a new contract (and maybe not attractive as well as my old contract is cheaper)
have not decided anything yet.
now controlling the STB via USB wireless keyboard