Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming channels

SOLVED
CathanKing610
Upholding Citizen ✪✪

Upcoming channels

Hi admin, it's now the half month of March and still no new channels or content in Unifi TV since 2020 (launch of Yupp Thirai HD). Astro keeps updating new content to its customers, Unifi TV need to do that too.

38 REPLIES 38
dammon23
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

Re: Upcoming channels

Hmm...in that case, Unifi TV had to rearrange the channel numbers (just like Astro did when they cease all SD channels) so that it will be easier for customers to tune in the channel (reduce the channel number gap). I wonder why Unifi TV greatly reduced the content to its customers since 2018.

dammon23
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

@dammon23 wrote:

Hmm...in that case, Unifi TV had to rearrange the channel numbers (just like Astro did when they cease all SD channels) so that it will be easier for customers to tune in the channel (reduce the channel number gap). I wonder why Unifi TV greatly reduced the content to its customers since 2018.

@al-walid99 @Loh123 

What do you guys think about it? So far I'm still waiting for Disney Plus App coming to  Unifi TV platform. 

al-walid99
Distinguished Citizen ✪

unifi tv need upgrade all SD channel to HD channel. almost house in malaysia have smart tv and android tv. this tv full HD 1080p. but firstly unifi tv and TM team need upgrade unifi plus box. this box 4k but the picture look like SD 720p.

Loh123
Upholding Citizen ✪✪

Sure. Unifi TV can always add more channels, but are you willing to pay more or watch ads on almost every channel on the platform? Before all of you compare Unifi TV with Astro, some channels like FOX, FX, Nat Geo, Nickelodeon, Warner TV, FOX Movies and FOX Sports are being offered a price of more than RM 60 if you subscribe to them from Astro. Even if that's the case, Astro even partners with commercial partners to offer ads to gain more revenue from viewers, but Unifi TV doesn't do that. So, if you really want Unifi TV to add more channels, be prepared for price hike and possibilities of commercial ads.

If you compared to Starhub TV (SG), Singtel TV (SG), NOW TV (HK) or any TV provider in Indonesia, the channels that I mentioned above (FOX Movies, Nat Geo and FOX Sports) are being offered at a higher price than what Unifi TV offers. With that said, Unifi TV should rename and revamp all its current TV packages like:

Aneka Plus --> Aneka Starter Pack (RM 30)

Ruby Plus --> Ruby Starter Pack (RM 30)

Varnam Plus --> Varnam Plus Pack (RM 30)

Just like Ultimate Pack, but each pack will include more vernacular channels and exclude other vernacular channels (add oh!K HD, WakuWaku Japan HD, CTI TV Asia HD, Asia Travel HD, CNN HD, Cartoon Network HD, Disney Channel HD, Disney Junior HD for all Focus Packs) 

(NEW) Aneka Focus Pack (RM 50) (add Drama Channel (MNC), Citra Drama HD, Citra Entertainment HD)

(NEW) Ruby Focus Pack (RM 50) (add two Chinese in-house HD channels - one showcases first-run drama series and first-run/sub-run variety shows from China, and another one showcases first-run drama series and  first-run/sub-run variety shows from Taiwan, Phoenix Chinese Channel HD, Phoenix InfoNews HD, )

(NEW) Varnam Focus Pack (RM 50) (add Jaya TV HD, KTV HD, Kalaignar TV, Zee TV HD)

All Ultimate Movies Packs will have the same channel list as Focus Pack, but with new channels including HBO channels, including HBO HD, HBO Signature HD, HBO HITS HD, HBO Family HD, Cinemax HD, Red by HBO HD (relaunched), HBO GO and HBO OD.

(NEW) Aneka Ultimate Movies Pack  (RM 80)

(NEW) Ruby Ultimate Movies Pack  (RM 80)

(NEW) Varnam Ultimate Movies Pack  (RM 80)

All Ultimate Sports  Packs will have the same channel list as Focus Pack, but with new channels including BEIN Sports channels, BEIN Sports MAX channels, access to BEIN Sports Connect OTT service and Fight Sports HD.

(NEW) Aneka Ultimate Sports Pack  (RM 80)

(NEW) Ruby Ultimate Sports Pack  (RM 80)

(NEW) Varnam Ultimate Sports Pack  (RM 80)

All Diamond Packs will include both movies channels from Ultimate Movies Pack and sports channels from Ultimate Sports Pack

(NEW) Aneka Diamond Pack (RM 110)

(NEW) Ruby Diamond Pack (RM 110)

(NEW) Varnam Diamond Pack (RM 110)

You may ask why I don't include AXN, TVB channels, Discovery or A+E channels. Right now, KC Global Media channels except GEM are exclusive on Astro. For TVB channels, Astro still holds two years of exclusive contracts. As for Discovery and A+E channels, these channels will only be available for Unifi TV to carry once Astro has decided to pay for its non-exclusive broadcasting rights to save cost (just like what they did last time with Phoenix Chinese channels - Enjoy TV Asia secured the non-exclusive rights of both channels)

Will Unifi TV launch all the channels that I mentioned above? Possibly yes or no. It depends on their decision. Will you make noise if Unifi TV adds commercials ads for its channels just like Astro or you'll be happy as long as Unifi TV's low prices save your wallet. 😅

al-walid99
Distinguished Citizen ✪

that's the good idea if unifi tv and TM team can add this group channel on unifi tv. they subscribers can choose what they need. if they need sport only, can subscribe sport package only. if they need movies pack only, can take movies pack ( HBO group, Fox Movies group).

wi11iam
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

I'm still waiting for Animax channel replacement Smiley Indifferent

dammon23
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

As what @Loh123 said, Astro had paid  exclusive price for Animax HD in KC Global Media, so this channel will not be back to Unifi TV platform again until further notice.

Loh123
Upholding Citizen ✪✪

There's actually some chances for Unifi TV to relaunch Animax HD in the near future (Astro may drop the exclusive rights due to price hike and lower viewership). Let's wait and see. In the meantime, I have proposed a new and first Chinese in-house channel for Unifi TV, which will features first-run drama series from China and Taiwan (like Astro SHX). I hope they can make it happen. 👍😃

CathanKing610
Upholding Citizen ✪✪

@Loh123 wrote:

There's actually some chances for Unifi TV to relaunch Animax HD in the near future (Astro may drop the exclusive rights due to price hike and lower viewership). Let's wait and see. In the meantime, I have proposed a new and first Chinese in-house channel for Unifi TV, which will features first-run drama series from China and Taiwan (like Astro SHX). I hope they can make it happen. 👍😃

Agreed. The viewership can change the exclusive rights of the channel. Starting 1 April 2021, NHK World Premium will cease transmission probably because of this reason too. Meanwhile, Unifi TV are still lacking of chinese channels, which lead them to bring Sony Max to Ruby Plus Pack, hope they will launch this suggested channel too.