Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming channels

SOLVED
dammon23
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

Re: Upcoming channels

@Loh123 wrote:

There's actually some chances for Unifi TV to relaunch Animax HD in the near future (Astro may drop the exclusive rights due to price hike and lower viewership). Let's wait and see. In the meantime, I have proposed a new and first Chinese in-house channel for Unifi TV, which will features first-run drama series from China and Taiwan (like Astro SHX). I hope they can make it happen. 👍😃

Since astro had cease Aniplus Asia HD, Unifi TV had no broadcasting rights problems or issues (except channel price) to bring this channel to the platform, this will be a chance to replace Animax HD, but the thing is, will Unifi TV agreed to launch this channel?

Loh123
Upholding Citizen ✪✪

Regarding this issue, I have contacted Aniplus Asia team via Messenger. Here's their reply in quotation! 

"We appreciate your kind support and will relay this message to the team for their evaluation/consideration. It may also help if you could drop a message to your service provider so that we can reach more people Smiley Happy"

So, we need to play the part by messaging Unifi TV team via social media and telling them that we would be delighted to see Aniplus to be carried as Unifi TV's channels line-up. Also, I hope Unifi TV can also bring-in Lifetime HD and Disney channels. 👍😃

dammon23
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

@Loh123 wrote:

Regarding this issue, I have contacted Aniplus Asia team via Messenger. Here's their reply in quotation! 

"We appreciate your kind support and will relay this message to the team for their evaluation/consideration. It may also help if you could drop a message to your service provider so that we can reach more people Smiley Happy"

So, we need to play the part by messaging Unifi TV team via social media and telling them that we would be delighted to see Aniplus to be carried as Unifi TV's channels line-up. Also, I hope Unifi TV can also bring-in Lifetime HD and Disney channels. 👍😃

This is good news from Aniplus Asia team, hopefully to see Unifi TV contract with Aniplus Asia so that they will bring this channel as  replacement for Animax HD.

CathanKing610
Upholding Citizen ✪✪

Wow, looks like Unifi TV have higher chance to bring Aniplus Asia HD to the platform, this will bring more excitement to all Unifi TV customers as Unifi TV price is way more better than astro, if Unifi TV can bring Disney Junior and Disney Channel HD, this is even good .

CathanKing610
Upholding Citizen ✪✪

@wi11iam @hamano87 @VYK @al-walid99 

Good news, Aniplus Asia HD has a higher chance to be in Unifi TV platform. Aniplus Asia team also ready to be in contract with Unifi TV, pls let the TV team know about this.

dammon23
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

@CathanKing610 wrote:

@wi11iam @hamano87 @VYK @al-walid99 

Good news, Aniplus Asia HD has a higher chance to be in Unifi TV platform. Aniplus Asia team also ready to be in contract with Unifi TV, pls let the TV team know about this.

Anyway, Unifi TV will make the decision whether yes or no to launch Aniplus Asia HD. 

YeeHoubackup
Upholding Citizen ✪

Deal, with K-Plus.

Loh123
Upholding Citizen ✪✪

Here's K-Plus team's comment via Messenger! 

"Hi, thank you for your support! Our team is always working hard to bring the channel to more audiences. It would help if you could relay this feedback to the platform too 🙂 Have a good day!"

That means Unifi TV can carry both channels within a single contract. 👍😃

dammon23
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

@Loh123 wrote:

Here's K-Plus team's comment via Messenger! 

"Hi, thank you for your support! Our team is always working hard to bring the channel to more audiences. It would help if you could relay this feedback to the platform too 🙂 Have a good day!"

That means Unifi TV can carry both channels within a single contract. 👍😃

Nice, new Korean Channel and new Anime channel, the TV team need to know this information.

CathanKing610
Upholding Citizen ✪✪

There are two problems Unifi TV may face for the launching of channels:

1. Price (due to carriage fee)

I've understand that Unifi TV can't bring up to 80+ channels (just like in 2018) anymore due to the launching of Fox Movies, Fox Action Movies and Fox Family Movies which are quite expensive, and Ultimate Pack current price (RM60) is way better than Astro's Starter Pack. Customers can enjoy movies, entertainment, sports, kids shows and news within a single pack. Since there's no price hike for Ultimate Pack, Unifi TV won't offer more channels in order to analyze the channel's content before they decided to launch the channels.

2. Broadcasting Rights 

This is always a major problem for all TV providers, as they need to licence the channels to bring it to the platform. Therefore, a contract will be made between the channel provider and the TV provider. The TV provider may choose to secure the channel by using exclusive rights so that other TV providers can't bring in the same channel, but it's expensive whereas using non-exclusive rights every  TV provider can bring in the same channels and the price is not expensive as exclusive rights.

Since Astro cease Aniplus Asia HD, of course, Unifi TV can bring this channel, but the price will be the first to think about.