unifi TV Content Update 2022

remstr
Mayor

unifi TV Content Update 2022

Hi guys,

Below is the unifi TV content update for next year 2022. Lets dig in.

STREAMING APP (OTT) SUBSCRIPTION AND ACTIVATION

GENERAL INFORMATION

What are the streaming apps available on unifi TV?

unifi TV has launched its partnership with ten (11) streaming apps as below:

1.    Amazon Prime Video

2.    TVBAnywhere+

3.    Lionsgate Play

4.    iQiyi

5.    Viu

6.    ZEE5

7.    Simply South

8.    YuppTV

9.    ShemarooMe

10.  BBC Player

11.  WeTV

What kind of content that are available on these streaming apps?

While some of the streaming apps are very new in this region, we are excited to introduce the apps which feature the content genre as follow:

No

App

Offering

Amazon Prime Video

Watch movies, TV, and sports, including Amazon Originals like The Boys, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan as well as recommendations just for you.

TVBAnywhere+

The most comprehensive Chinese entertainment platform published by TVB and delivers the latest & greatest content from TVB anytime, anywhere.

Lionsgate Play

Home to blockbuster movies, premium Originals and binge-worthy shows.

iQiyi

Home to Asia’s hottest entertainment. Bringing you the best of local, Korean and Chinese dramas, movies, variety shows and anime.

Viu

Gives you instant access to all your favourite dramas, comedies, horror and more! Watch hit TV shows from Korea, Japan, China, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Turkey, the Middle East and India as well as our own Viu Originals.

ZEE5

The only streaming app that offers content in 18 languages. Home to 170,000+ hours of On Demand Content. The platform brings together the best of Originals, Movies and TV Shows, Music, Cineplays and Health and Lifestyle content all in one single destination.

Simply South

Your one-stop destination for the best of all things entertainment! Pick from a collection of the newest Tamil, Malayalam and Telugu movies, and evergreen classics.

YuppTV

YuppTV is one of the largest online TV platform with over 200+ Live Indian TV Channels, 7 days of catch-up TV, Latest Regional and Bollywood/Hindi Movies.

ShemarooMe

A one stop destination with over 10,000+ hours of premium Bollywood content covering multiple languages and genres like Movies, Comedy, Kids, Music Videos & 24/7 TV

BBC Player

BBC Player service is an authenticated multi-genre SVOD (Subscription Video On Demand) service that allows viewers to watch the very best BBC programmes anytime, anywhere. It is available online (www.bbcplayer.com), and as an app on Apple App Store for iOS devices and Google Play Store for Android devices.

WeTV

Enjoy premium entertainment on WeTV’s on demand streaming platform and bump up to VIP for more cool features. Watch the best adfree local and Asian dramas, shows and anime.

What are the streaming apps offerings for unifi customers?

The available streaming apps that you can subscribe with unifi are as below:

No

App

Offering

BBC Player

·         Access included for all Ultimate Pack subscribers at no additional costs

·         Ala carte RM10/month

Amazon Prime Video

·         Ala carte RM25/month (payment via credit card only)

TVBAnywhere+

·         30 days free trial & 50% discount for next 3 months when you subscribe to unifi Home between 1st October – 28th February 2022

·         Ala carte TVB Anywhere Channel Zone – RM19.90/month

·         Ala carte TVB Anywhere VOD Zone – RM19.90/month

·         Ala carte TVB Anywhere Premium Zone – RM39.90/month

Lionsgate Play

·         Access included for all Ultimate Pack subscribers at no additional costs

·         Ala carte RM14.90/month

iQiyi

·         Access included for all Ruby Plus Pack subscribers starting 1st January 2022 at no additional costs

·         Option for exclusive access to Ultimate Pack subscribers

·         Ala carte RM8.90/month

Viu

·         Access included for all Aneka Plus Pack subscribers starting 1st January 2022 at no additional costs

·         Ala carte RM12.90/month

ZEE5

·         Ala carte RM14.90/month

Simply South

·         Access included for all Varnam Plus Pack subscribers at no additional costs

·         Ala carte RM10/month

ShemarooMe

·         Ala carte RM8/month

YuppTV

·         Ala carte YuppTV Tamil + YuppFlix: RM15/month

·         Ala carte YuppTV Hindi + YuppFlix: RM15/month

·         Ala carte YuppTV Bangla + Yuppflix: RM15/month

·         Ala carte YuppTV Malayalam + YuppFlix: RM15/month

·         Ala carte YuppTV Telugu + YuppFlix: RM15/month

·         Ala carte YuppFlix: RM10/month

WeTV

·  Option for exclusive access to Ultimate Pack subscribers

·  Ala carte subscription will be available soon

Who is eligible to subscribe to these streaming apps?

All new and existing Ultimate Pack subscribers get to enjoy exclusive access to three (3) streaming apps included in the pack as below:

a)    BBC Player

b)    Lionsgate Play

c)    Choice of iQiyi /  Viu /WeTV / Simply South / ZEE5

Starting 1st January 2022, all new and existing Vernacular Packs subscribers get to enjoy exclusive access to one (1) streaming app included in the packs as below:

a)    Viu – for Aneka Plus Pack

b)    iQiyi – for Ruby Plus Pack

c)    Simply South – for Varnam Plus Pack

All new and existing unifi subscribers can subscribe to the below streaming apps on ala carte basis:

a)    TVBAnywhere+

b)    Amazon Prime Video (via unifi Plus Box only)

c)    BBC Player

d)    YuppTV

e)    ShemarooMe

f)     Lionsgate Play

g)    iQiyi

h)    Viu

i)      Simply South

j)      ZEE5

I am a unifi TV Pack subscriber and I have activated the exclusive access to streaming apps bundled with my pack. How long do I get to enjoy this offering?

Good news! You can enjoy this offering as long as you are a unifi TV Pack subscriber and there will be no additional charges to your existing monthly subscription upon activating the app.

Disclaimer: TM holds the rights to amend, add, or change the channel list in the pack as per the T&C.

SUBSCRIPTION & ACTIVATION

How can I watch the streaming apps?

The streaming apps are best viewed on unifi Plus Box.

You may also download the respective apps on your mobile phone/tablet to watch it.

How many devices can I access the streaming apps on?

The streaming apps are accessible across unifi Plus Box and your mobile devices up to:

No

App

Offering

TVBAnywhere+

·         Up to 2 devices at the same time

Lionsgate Play

iQiyi

Viu

·         Up to 5 devices at the same time

ZEE5

·         Up to 5 devices at the same time

Simply South

·         Up to 3 devices at the same time

Amazon Prime Video

·         Up to 3 devices at the same time

BBC Player

·         Unlimited

YuppTV

·         Up to 4 devices at the same time

ShemarooMe

·         Up to 4 devices at the same time

WeTV

·         Up to 2 devices at the same time 

I am a unifi TV Pack subscriber. How do I activate the new streaming apps?

Step 1: Visit microsite https://activate.unifi.com.my to activate the bundled streaming app(s).

Step 2: Verify/Key-in your unifi ID and verify your contact number. Select the streaming app of your choice.

Step 3: You will receive an SMS containing a One-time Password (OTP). Key-in the OTP and select “Confirm”.

Step 4: After activation is successful on the microsite, you can enjoy the streaming apps on unifi Plus Box or the app.

Steps to connect and enjoy the streaming apps are unique to its own. You may refer to the user guides for each streaming app at www.unifi.com.my/plusbox.

I am a unifi TV Pack Subscriber. When should I activate the new streaming apps?

You can activate the new streaming apps at your convenience.

But why wait? Activate the apps now and enjoy exciting local and international content of your choice at no additional charge! To activate, visit our microsite https://activate.unifi.com.my

Can I swap or change the selected 1 streaming app of my choice?

Starting 14th March 2022, you can swap the selected streaming app to any one (1) of the following:

a) Viu

b) iQiyi

c) Simply South

d) ZEE5

e) WeTV

Once you have opted to swap your current app with another eligible app (as listed above), you will still have access to the current app until the expiry date.
The subscription of the new app will start on the day after the expiry date of the current app.

Why should I subscribe to the streaming apps via unifi instead of subscribing directly on the app?

You would get to enjoy exclusive bundle and pricing deals, which is only available just for unifi Home customers. It is also more convenient for you to subscribe and pay in a single unifi bill each month.

If you prefer to enjoy TV entertainment in a lean-back mode, unifi Plus Box houses all these streaming apps in a single media box for the ultimate binge-watching experience on the big screen.

I am not a unifi TV Pack subscriber. Can I subscribe to the new streaming app offering?

There are two (2) ways to enjoy the streaming app offerings as below:

a)    If you have not subscribed to any unifi TV pack, you may subscribe via our digital platforms: Live Chat on www.unifi.com.my/chat or myunifi app

b)    You may subscribe to the ala carte streaming app via https://activate.unifi.com.my. Please refer to Question 3.

How do I login to these new streaming apps after I have successfully registered?

There are different login credentials for each streaming app, as below:

No

App

Login Credential

TVBAnywhere+

·         unifi ID

Lionsgate Play

·         Mobile number

iQiyi

·         Mobile number

Viu

·         Mobile number

ZEE5

·         E-mail address

Simply South

·         E-mail address

Amazon Prime Video

·         E-mail address

BBC Player

·         unifi ID

YuppTV

·         E-mail address

ShemarooMe

·         Mobile number

WeTV

·         Mobile number

If you need further assistance, you may also check the confirmation e-mail you have received upon successful registration.

What if I forget my unifi ID to activate these streaming apps?

You can check your unifi ID (i.e. yourname@unifi) in your monthly bill.

Alternatively, you can also reach out to us via our digital platforms: Live Chat on www.unifi.com.my/chat or myunifi app.

Why am I not receiving the OTP to activate the streaming apps?

Please verify your mobile number again.

If it is not the correct mobile number, you can update your latest account contact details by reaching out to us via our digital platforms: Live Chat on www.unifi.com.my/chat or myunifi app.

My mobile number registered is correct. Why am I still not receiving the OTP to activate the streaming apps?

Please check if you may have set up an SMS blocked list on your phone. You would have to remove the number 62100 / 66555 from the blocked list.

There might also be a network delay by your mobile network provider. Please wait for a while before you retry.

The OTP is valid within five (5) minutes upon generation. If your OTP becomes invalid, you can request for the OTP to be sent again to your verified mobile number.

I have not received the e-mail confirmation after activating the streaming apps with complimentary access. What should I do?

Please wait for a moment and try to reload your inbox.

Alternatively, you may try to check the spam/junk mail folder.

If these methods fail, please reach out to us via our digital platforms: Live Chat on www.unifi.com.my/chat or myunifi app for further assistance.

What if I forget my password to the streaming app?

You can refer to the e-mail and SMS received when you activated the streaming app.

Can I change my password on the streaming app?

Sorry, you are unable to change your streaming app password after activation.

Can I watch content from the streaming apps using unifi TV Media Box (white colour)?

Sorry, the streaming apps are available on unifi Plus Box only.

There are several options that you can explore:

a)    Upgrade to unifi Plus Box at RM20/month

b)    Subscribe or upgrade to any of unifi TV Packs, which includes unifi Plus Box

c)    You can also watch the streaming apps on the respective mobile apps

I do not have any unifi Home broadband subscription currently. Can I get the streaming app offering?

You would need to subscribe to unifi Home with any of unifi TV Packs to enjoy the added benefits with streaming apps.

Please visit www.unifi.com.my or the nearest TMpoint to subscribe.

Am I able to use the streaming apps when I am connected to TM/unifi network only?

For first-time activation, it is best for you to be connected to TM/unifi Wi-Fi network to enjoy exclusive deals.

Once the activation is successful, you are free to use the streaming apps subscribed anytime, anywhere. All you need is a stable internet connection, regardless of the service provider.

I have an existing subscription with the streaming apps, can I subscribe to the same app via unifi?

We would recommend that you terminate your current subscription first, and then subscribe to the streaming app via unifi. This is to avoid from you are being double-charged for the same service.

We would also recommend that you explore our other amazing streaming app partners which also offer great on demand content.

I want to activate the complimentary access to the streaming apps. Is there a separate contract terms applied to this?

No, there will be no contract bound to this offering.

Why do I see an expiry date when I activate the streaming app with exclusive access?

Do not worry, you are entitled to the streaming app access with your unifi TV Pack subscription. Please disregard the expiry date on the app and continue to have fun binge-watching!

What are the payment options available for the streaming apps?

For the convenience of our customers, we highly encourage payment via unifi billing (direct carrier billing).

There are several payment channels to pay your unifi bill:

a)    myunifi app

b)    unifi portal via www.unifi.com.my

c)    Selected preferred online banking portals

d)    Nearest TMpoint or TMpoint Authorised Dealer (TAD)

e)    POS Malaysia

I have selected and activated iQiyi as the streaming app of my choice. Why do I get to enjoy VIP access when my subscription info stated that it is Standard plan?

This is a special treat for you! Because you are subscribing to iQiyi with unifi, you get to enjoy iQiyi VIP access to stream more content at your convenience.

Why can’t I watch Lionsgate Play app via unifi Plus Box?

You would need to update the Lionsgate Play app to the latest version (2.0.1.2021.09.29) on Google Play Store. Once you have installed it in your unifi Plus Box, please sign in using your User ID (i.e. your mobile number) and don’t forget to include the country code “6” (e.g.: 60123456789).

Why can’t I sign in to the Lionsgate Play app after my activation?

We are so sorry for the inconvenience. Please insert Malaysia’s country code “6” followed by your mobile number (e.g. 60123456789) to log in with the activated credentials.

Why can’t I log in to Viu using the credentials received via confirmation email and SMS?

For first-time activation, you would need to have your device connected to unifi Home Wi-Fi network. Once connected, you can register and log in using your Viu account. You can now enjoy the exclusive access to Viu included in your unifi TV Pack subscription!

Which login options should I choose when I have activated the exclusive access to iQiyi streaming app?

If you are using the mobile app, please select “Log in via SMS” option to enjoy full access to the iQiyi app.

If you are using unifi Plus Box, please select “Log in with iQiyi account” and follow the simple steps to continue.

Why does my unifi Plus Box only display an empty/black screen?

We apologise for the inconvenience caused. Please follow the below steps to clear the cache on your unifi Plus Box:

a)    Go to “Settings”

b)    Select “Apps”

c)    Select “unifi TV”

d)    Click on “Clear cache”

You can also find out more from unifi Community: https://community.unifi.com.my/t5/unifi-TV/unifi-Plus-Box-quick-fix/m-p/38824

SERVICE TERMINATION

If I terminate my unifi Home account, can I continue to enjoy the exclusive deals with the streaming apps?

Unfortunately no, because the streaming apps subscription and exclusive deals cannot exist without the unifi Home account.

How do I terminate my streaming apps subscription?

Feel free to reach out to us via our digital platforms:

Live Chat on www.unifi.com.my/chat or myunifi app.

Will I get a refund if I terminate my streaming app subscription?

Unfortunately, if you cancel the subscription midway of the billing cycle, you will not be refunded for the remaining period. This means, you can still enjoy the service until the end of the billing cycle for that month. Your access to the service will be discontinued starting from the next billing cycle and no further charges will be reflected in your bill.

CONTACT US

Who should I contact if I need any assistance or service inquiry on streaming apps with unifi?

Feel free to reach out to us via our digital platforms:

Live Chat on www.unifi.com.my/chat or myunifi app.

Where can I get more info on the streaming apps?

For more information regarding the streaming apps, please check out the respective streaming apps’ T&C and FAQ from the links below:

App

T&C

FAQ

TVBAnywhere+

https://www.tvbanywhere.com/terms-of-services.html

https://www.tvbanywhere.com/faq.html

Lionsgate Play

https://lionsgateplay.com/termsandconditions

https://lionsgateplay.com/faq

iQiyi

https://www.iq.com/intl-common/international-useragreement.html?lang=en_us

https://www.iq.com/intl-common/international-privacyagreement.html?lang=en_us

Viu

https://www.viu.com/ott/my/en/all/terms

https://www.viu.com/ott/my/en/all/terms

ZEE5

https://www.zee5.com/global/termsofuse

https://faq.zee5.com/?country=MY

Simply South

https://www.simplysouth.tv/terms

https://www.simplysouth.tv/faq

Amazon Prime Video

https://www.primevideo.com/help/ref=atv_hp_nd_cnt?nodeId=202095490

https://www.primevideo.com/help/ref=atv_nb_hp

WeTV

https://wetv.vip/static/t erms-en.html

https://wetv.vip/static/hel p.html?language=en&are acode=153576 

10 REPLIES 10
MovieGuy
Upholding Citizen ✪

Re: unifi TV Content Update 2022

Wah so ruby pack get iqiyi for free??

al-walid99
Distinguished Citizen ✪✪✪

thanks admin for this update. 👍👍

Kasmaini

When Netflix will available into unifi TV Service bro?And also when TM are gonna come in for the great sport content

Loh123
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

Soon, Unifi TV will launch another new hybrid STB, which allows subscribers to watch their linear channels with the same pic quality as the white box while streaming OTT apps (including Netflix). Launch date is still TBC.

As for sports channels, I highly doubt whether they will launch and bundle the future sports channels as part of Ultimate Pack or they will have new ala-carte packs catered for those.

al-walid99

This box still rnd. don't know when they will be launch. i hope middle of year 2022.

Kasmaini

Ruby will get free iQiYi,Varnam will get free Simply South and Aneka will get free Viu

Hatim4400
New-in-Town ✪

I'm using my existing Amazon  account via appleid but now it's no longer accessible?

the UPB simply says network error but still can view youtube, viu, unifi.. 

al-walid99

please update amazon apps on ur UPB play store. i still can play my hotstar and prime video on my UPB.

Kasmaini

You may update the Amazon Prime App first on Play Store to the latest version and try it again