Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unifi TV content update 2021

AqFad
Upholding Citizen ✪

Re: unifi TV content update 2021

@js_rich wrote:

Hello, I dont really care about other channel, but please clarify if F1 will be available on the new sports channel or not??

That is the one and only reason why I choose Unifi over other ISP.

Also, if F1 is available on the new sports channel, why start on 14th? Gonna miss the upcoming Turkey GP.

Maybe on SPOTV 2. 

It starts on 14th October maybe because the licence.

muizmurad98
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

I just want my unifi playTV mobile app to be functional as usual. After the iOS 15 update, it painfully crashes for almost a week now. It sucks as heck as we're paying you guys hundreds of ringgit just for this crappy service. What is this behavior unifi?

Lenon1
Contributing Citizen ✪✪✪

It seems that the launching of both SPOTV channels are still not enough for sports content.

AqFad
Upholding Citizen ✪

@Lenon1 wrote:

It seems that the launching of both SPOTV channels are still not enough for sports content.

In the TM's newsroom,

I saw that Unifi Sports will air UFC...

So can Unifi bring other sports that was available in FOX Sports but not available in SPOTV in Unifi Sports? 

Lenon1
Contributing Citizen ✪✪✪

@AqFad wrote:

@Lenon1 wrote:

In the TM's newsroom,

I saw that Unifi Sports will air UFC...

So can Unifi bring other sports that was available in FOX Sports but not available in SPOTV in Unifi Sports? 

Unless, they bring more content on the Unifi Sports 1-5 HD because Astro now has Astro Supersport 5 HD, Astro Arena 2 HD and SPOTV HD that has more and more content updated like Thomas Cup. Unifi Sports 1-5 HD only broadcast TM Piala Malaysia and that's it.

Lenon1
Contributing Citizen ✪✪✪

As what @Loh123 mentioned, Unifi TV are lacking Learning channels too. Astro had replaced Discovery Science HD by BBC Earth HD, but Unifi TV haven't replaced National Geographic HD and Nat Geo Wild HD yet, leaving only 2 channels, BBC Earth HD and Love Nature HD. There's no replacement for Baby TV HD and even movie channels. The replacement channels are still not enough, which i start to think to terminate Unifi TV and move to TV box that can watch more than 100+ channels, On Demand Movies for free without monthly payment.

As a Ultimate Pack subscriber, you can access to all Fox Movies channel, Paramount Network HD, Cinema World HD, Nat Geo Wild HD, National Geographic HD, Love Nature HD, BBC Earth HD and all Fox Sports HD that is not included in Aneka Plus Pack, Ruby Plus Pack and Varnam Plus Pack, but now Ultimate Pack subscribers can access to Gem HD, Animax HD, SPOTV HD channels, Paramount Network HD, Cinema World HD, BBC Earth HD and Love Nature HD, the rest of the channels can be found in Aneka, Ruby and Varnam Pack. Which is worth? I'm using white box, not Unifi Plus Box so I can't access to streaming apps.

MovieGuy
Contributing Citizen ✪✪✪

True but i don't want to pay double the price for Astro. So I find other way to watch.. blink blink

Loh123
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

@Lenon1, they are going to release a new box soon (a hybrid one like the combination of the white box and UPB, which allows viewers to watch the linear channels at the highest quality  while having the ability to use the OTT apps (it's Netflix-certified btw). That implies they will bring in Netflix soon along with other apps and linear channels. 

Loh123
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

@MovieGuy, you may go for Sooka, which only costs you around RM 42 with all Astro sports channels included. But you cannot install the app on UPB though. 

Loh123
Upholding Citizen ✪✪✪

@Lenon1, Honestly, they don't have that many choices at least for now. If HBO is still considered as Astro exclusives, Unifi TV may consider a cross-carriage deal with them. If not, they can consider launching their own in-house movie channel, which showscases sub-run movies that have left HBO GO and moved to Netflix. As always, whether they will do the censorship part or just rely on others to do it or just ignore it is their decision to save their business and the future of Unifi TV.