Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unifi play tv via web browser

SOLVED
karimselamat
Upholding Citizen ✪

unifi play tv via web browser

last time when i raise this issue, seems like tm is bring back the old interface (http://play.unifi.com.my/EPG/jsp/webtv/index.jsp) so that people using a pc can watch tv via internet explorer web browser. before that tm already screwed up the old-but-working web stream tv. after making some so-called "upgrade" which is not working, after some complaint made, they revert to the old interface.

suddenly now they simply ask user to redirect to a "new one" (https://playtv.unifi.com.my/EPG/WEBTV/index.html) which is still the same behaviour like the 1st one. i can login, but cannot view any channels with the reason:
"Opps! Content viewing is temporarily not available on this website. Subscribe here and continue to watch using your smart devices...." and some other words.

what is going on TM? its already 2020 but your stoned age behaviour attitude still not changed at all.

there is already working stream tv with the old interface, but after that "upgrading" to the new not working "new interface".

if you are still experimenting the new interface, at least allow users to access the old one!
not disabling it, ask people to redirect, but the new one is not working!!

73 REPLIES 73
al-walid99
Distinguished Citizen ✪✪✪

Re: unifi play tv via web browser

https://playtv.unifi.com.my/EPG/WEBTV/index.html

this website only for unifi subscribe already migrate from old to the new apps.  can open this website used firefox but still can't watch. maybe need TM and unifi modified this website.

# admin...please take note, why i can't watch with my browser on my laptop. can log in but can't watch. please modified this website#

remstr
Mayor

Hi there @al-walid99 @karimselamat ,

You cannot watch the liveTV using browser.

It is been disabled due to unknown reason ( too many bugs i think).

So you can watch via app or TV.

karimselamat
Upholding Citizen ✪

thats the problem, because before this they provide the web tv; and working.
after the "upgrade",  it is useless.

Spoiler

if this is the reason, then why the old page redirect to a new one?
why don't remove the page with the words: "there is no more web tv, please switch to an app because we are an app lover".
the decision to not proceed with web tv is totally absurd. last time when they not providing users with STB, thats a big mistake. they asked users to view via web browser.

now, they simply screw up the web access. whats next?
people need to switch from windows to android.

next year they disable the apk (android app)
whats next?

why fixing the thing that not broken??

remstr
Mayor

hi @karimselamat ,

Im not sure about that. I asked around and that is the answer. You can purchase/change package/register using web but you need to view it on mobile.

i think they want to focus more on their app development, maybe.

Keparasal
Contributing Citizen ✪

Very dissapointed with PlayTV. I pay for Rm20+ /month for nothing and they dont even give an option to terminate it! you are taking people money for free!

You should put on the big screen on your marketing "this stupid package only worked on phone not even in PC or Android Box, please dont subscribe it!"

They let us have the option to login on website and see all the LiveTv channel but we cannot view it, why dont you just block that website already and dont make fool people. Cant you see the trend that all people change to other provider such as Time or maxis. You are losing your customer due to misleading marketing, bad service, poor customer service too!

After being so long monopolizing the Malaysian market is that all you can offer to your customer? Soo dissapointed and if i have other provider in my place i will definitely change to others.

Shame on you CEO and management team of TM, you are failed.

karimselamat
Upholding Citizen ✪

4 days more and we will be in 2021 and TM still not FIX the tv access via web browser...

the previous classic web tv work fine but, well you know, TM, always screwed up with working things.

booooooooooooooo....

syamkontrek
New-in-Town ✪

yes, i'm very agree with you.tm always bullstaring..paying monthly 30 bucks for nothing.so ridicilous

sykes0712
Contributing Citizen ✪

SOLVED?? who tagged this page as solved?? 

received an email with

"Besides that, you may contact us at Live Chat at  (https://unifi.com.my) for further assistance. 

For information on your bill and your subscribed service, we would recommend you to download myunifi app from Google Play  or App  Store. You also have an option to engage with other unifi users through our unifi community at  community.unifi.com.my. "
but nothing is solved.
paid 60 per month for this kind of service
really disappointed

aajjaaii
Contributing Citizen ✪

@remstr wrote:

Hi there @al-walid99 @karimselamat ,

So you can watch via app or TV.

"You cannot watch the liveTV using browser." ???

How TM to compete with Netflix? they can be view through web browser... adroid box... and also apps in phone or tab/ipad.

i suggest... take out the playtv or hypptv what so ever from your packages... as we not need them so badly. 

You need to know that many people out there do not like watching TV or movies on the phone.