Call me nero,
Just wanted to sharing with your the difference between 2.4ghz and 5ghz Wi-Fi. We always hear about and let me explain it to you. You can see it at your wi-fi ssid name , for example my wi-fi ssid stannero_2.4ghz and stannero_5ghz. Which one should we choose?
The primary differences between the 2.4 GHz and 5GHz wireless frequencies are range and bandwidth.
5GHz provides faster data rates at a shorter distance.
2.4GHz offers coverage for farther distances, but may perform at slower speeds
So, which should you choose, 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz? It depend
• If faster speeds are most important to you, 5GHz is usually a better choice than 2.4 GHz.
• If the wireless range is more important to you, 2.4 GHz is usually a better choice than 5 GHz.
• If you have a lot of devices that use 2.4 GHz and you are experiencing interference or intermtent connectivy issues, then 5 GHz is probably a better option
• 5ghz Wi-Fi is the best with term of speed and less interferences but short on coverage. We need additional Wi-Fi booster such as Mesh Wifi to improve the Wi-FI coverage esp on 5ghz. We will look into it later.
• Make sure your device support latest wi-fi standard protocol 802.11AC to enjoy full 5ghz speed. I will share later about how to check your own network/wi-fi type.
Solved! Go to Solution.
which one is better 2.4GHz (B+G+N ) or 2.4GHz ( B+G) or (B ) or (G ) ? Currently, i choose (B+G) because default setting (B+G+N ) not so good. Wifi connection intermittent disconnected and connected. Any suggestion??
hai sonic..in layman term,
actually is better to choose all (B+G+N ) but from your posting i think you experienced 2.4ghz interferences issues due to 2.4 wifi channell number ( congest) issues. The best solution is changing your router into dual band supported 2.4ghz and 5ghz, where 5ghz have less wifi channel congest issues.
For wifi channel issues, you can manually select it through router setting but it will take some technical knowledge . But if you are willing to try i can assist you. But for me the best solution right now is changing into dual band router because there were many wifi interferences even from our own gadget such as remote,your neighbour 2.4ghz wifi, cordless phones, baby monitors, wireless cameras , and even remote control toys that also transmit 2.4ghz signal.
These numbers refer to two different radio wavelengths (often called "bands" or "frequencies") currently used by most routers to transmit wireless internet connections. The two big differences between the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies are speed and range.