Retrieve your lost PPOE username and password without calling 100 or live chat

Irbmaz
Contributing Citizen ✪

Retrieve your lost PPOE username and password without calling 100 or live chat

There is another method to retrieve your lost PPOE username and password instead of calling 100 or live chat.

This method involves saving your router configuration to your PC first. Then download a utility called RouterPassView from www.nirsoft.net. Unzip the downloaded file to any folder and run the standalone utility from that folder. It's an exe file that doesn't require installation. Drag and drop your saved configuration file (usually with .bin extension) into the open utility window and it will display the configuration file contents into a readable format. Search for "username". You will find many occurrences but the one you are interested in is <username>yourPPOEusername@unifi<username>. Below this username line, you will see <password>yourPPOEpassword<password>. It will also reveal your DDNS username and password which we usually set up once and forget always.

I use this method when setting up a new router and wish to maintain same settings on the new router. It's better than taking screenshots of every router settings page.

But not all routers are supported. You'll find the supported routers list in their website. I haven't had any luck with Archer C1200 router.

Now that everybody who reads this knows how to retrieve your PPOE username and password, keep your configuration file safe. But I don't know if using a different PPOE username and password would work with your own unifi account. Perhaps any unifi installers out there could share their experiences?

1 REPLY 1
remstr
Mayor

Re: Retrieve your lost PPOE username and password without calling 100 or live chat

nice sharing bos Smiley Happy