cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice Needed (Can I switch from Unifi Air to Unifi Fibre while under contract?)

daniellim1989
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Advice Needed (Can I switch from Unifi Air to Unifi Fibre while under contract?)

Hi All,

Needing some advice here. I just recently moved into a new residential house, tried applying for Unifi Fibre and was told that there were no port available.

I am about to sign up for the Unifi Air package (24 months contract).

If a port opens up within the 24 months which I am under contract, am I able to switch / upgrade without any penalty?

Different sources have given me different versions of answer - I'd like to hear from others who might have similar experience? Could you help me please?

(I would prefer to have the speed of fiber for sure but nobody can tell me how long / whether new ports will open up and the contract of 24 months might hinder me from transfering). With a kid that is needing to study and me working from home - cant really believe that there isnt any port available Smiley Sad

Many thanks in advance!

Daniel

7 REPLIES 7
remstr
Mayor

Re: Advice Needed (Can I switch from Unifi Air to Unifi Fibre while under contract?)

Hi there @daniellim1989 ,

Good question. Yes, unifi can waive the unifi Air penalty fees upon request (not automatically).

Please make sure you use the same name and same address (unifi Air and unifi fibre).

daniellim1989
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Re: Advice Needed (Can I switch from Unifi Air to Unifi Fibre while under contract?)

@remstr Thats a really good tip. Thanks for that - when that time comes (hopefully not too long in the future), will I be able to quote you? Smiley Happy

remstr
Mayor

Hi @daniellim1989 ,

Sure, when the time comes feel free to find me here in this community Smiley Happy

daniellim1989
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Fantastic.
Would you happen to know how long it'll take for delivery to happen ?
Online order (Unifi Air)
Would it be faster if I just walked into any TM Point? Is it on the spot? Thanks!
remstr
Mayor

hi @daniellim1989 ,

It will depend on the courier services. I am not sure if customer can walk in and collect right now on PKP but better if you could wait couple of days for delivery.

Exia
New-in-Town ✪

if i switch to fibre unifi from unifi air, do i need to bring the unifi air modem to the TM station when im doing the switching process?

remstr
Mayor

Hi @Exia ,

If you are still under unifi Air contract then YES. Also while you are at TMpoint, please let them process your unifi Air termination as well.