cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use a second router to extend my Wi-Fi signal to cover my entire house?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Can I use a second router to extend my Wi-Fi signal to cover my entire house?

My router and modem were placed at 1st floor of my house. Installed since 2011. And im having trouble with the connection when im at ground floor. Planning not to spend any cost since i have 2 unused routers laying around. 

4 REPLIES
Sheriff

Re: Can I use a second router to extend my Wi-Fi signal to cover my entire house?

yeah sure, there are many ways to do it, you can DIY as your wish Smiley Happy

But please make sure that TM will not be held responsible for any damages occured ya, so please be careful.

footer remstr 1.png

Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Re: Can I use a second router to extend my Wi-Fi signal to cover my entire house?

Would you kindly please guide me  in how to do it. Simple explanations are much appreciated cz im not so bright kind of person. 😆   This is the situation at moment

My cable modem and wireless router are sitting side by side on a table which is located on the 1st floor . And i also have 1 powerline network adapter which i use for the hypptv in the living room on groundfloor. Been having such hard time connecting to the wifi when im at ground floor. 

Someone please help a brother out. Thanks 🤣

Sheriff

You can do some of this trick i found on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=use+old+modem+as+wifi+extender

Hopefully that can help you Smiley Happy

footer remstr 1.png

Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Thanks so much for help and for your time. I will give it try and let you know the result. Thank you again sir. Have a great day