I have problem Port Forwarding my CCTVs snd IP Cameras

giant1989
Contributing Citizen ✪

I have problem Port Forwarding my CCTVs snd IP Cameras

I understand TM Unifi has upgrade to Private IP Address. I have problem port forwarding my CCTVs and IP cameras. TM Unifi Special IT Force... Please Help...

13 REPLIES 13
Kasmaini
Distinguished Citizen ✪✪✪

Re: I have problem Port Forwarding my CCTVs snd IP Cameras

You can change back from Private to Public IP again via request it to help@tm.com.my via email and it free of charge

giant1989
Contributing Citizen ✪

First of all i truly appreciate your reply.

Yes i have email to help@tm.com.my .

The problem with TM Unifi is that their customer service doesn't know regarding about TM Unifi migrate to Private IP. She (Customer service) said to me how come i have so many IP address by right i should have 1 IP address.

Then I said to her "I'm the one should be asking you that question, you should know better".. "What i understand this is Private IP thats why I got more than 1 IP address"

What I'm trying to say is TM should teach and train their customer service and let them know whats going on TM new migration Private IP.

Anyway i was hoping @remstr could help me.

remstr
Mayor

Hi @giant1989 ,

Sorry im not around for a quite some time. For your problem, first you need to make sure your CCTV and ip cameras and all the applications are not for biz purposes. They quite nitpick about this.

Second, you can try to setting the application to run on ipv6 instead of ipv4. I am not sure on how to do that but this is the solution given by them previously.

Lastly, you can open a new report and ask them to manually migrate your account but this one need a really strong case. They will do it by case, and not all of the cases will get the exception.

KuRoNeKo
Sheriff

Hi @giant1989,

If you are subscibed to unifi 100mbps or lower speed package, you'll automatically get a private IP address. You can contact 100/Livechat /FB /Twitter to request to change to public IP address. They'll ask some details on your purpose to request the IP address change, e.g: CCTV/VPN/Web hosting. So you need to provide some proof that your system require or only support public IP / IPV4 for them to approve the request.

giant1989
Contributing Citizen ✪

Thanks. I really appreaciate your reply. I have email to help@tm.com.my and still waiting for their updates.

giant1989
Contributing Citizen ✪

My router is TP-Link EC221-G3v not fully ipv6 ready yet router so the TM have to port forward my cctv on their side or open all ip address so that i can have 1 ip address.

If my router is ipv6 ready TM should teach step by step how to port forward.

Lastly.. no i'm not doing this for biz. It's for my own usage at my own house!

giant1989
Contributing Citizen ✪

Lets see if any TM Staff kind souls can follow up my case: TM: SRN-622-L6I-T7S

Kasmaini

Actually as default all TM Router are IPv6 Enable anyway have you double check that IPv6 is already on or not yet on the router setting?

Kasmaini

Hey mates long time not see you!