cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection dropping despite new router setup (dlink ac1200)

Sophia12
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Internet connection dropping despite new router setup (dlink ac1200)

My package is 500mbps, connection has been dropping on off for the past months. Called tm and technician came today to check and they have changed my router to a new router - ac1200. The Internet connection has been dropping on off even more frequent, probably every 45 mins especially streaming movies. Not sure what else I can do to keep the connection slow. Landed property here and router/modem is setup at 2nd floor. 

5 REPLIES 5
remstr
Mayor

Re: Internet connection dropping despite new router setup (dlink ac1200)

Hi there @Sophia12 ,

Did they somehow mentioned mesh wifi, i mean before replacing the router?

Sophia12
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

They did mention that we can try getting mesh to extend the coverage but that is a separate purchase,either thru unifi or personal purchase. 

remstr
Mayor

Hi @Sophia12 ,

Yes, for coverage issue i strongly think that mesh wifi is a better solution. You can get them for only RM15 per month from TM.

zaimani
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

I think you have faulty router or your never switch off your router for a rest. Sometimes by rebooting your router will do the trick.Most of the problem coused by to much line noise or line connection due to wet connection,dirty/dusty,rusty,loose or to much carbon which interupt current flow. To me  I prefer to use wifi repeater/extender rather than mesh due one simple reason.Mesh is new product.

Sophia12
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Speed test and everything shows OK. So the technician insist that no issue with the device 🙄