No internet service once reset PPPOE password

zatty1612
Contributing Citizen ✪

No internet service once reset PPPOE password

Hi, I had an issue with the TM Tplink Archer AC1200  router keep rebooting and decided to install a new Asus router RT-AX53U. I dont have the PPPOE username and password. After chatting with support, they provided me the PPPOE username and reset the password for me.

Now it has been almost 24 hours and I still cant use the internet. 

Does anyone know when usually I can start use the internet? I heard it was 24 hours but it seems  I still cant use it.  

5 REPLIES 5
mtar99
Sheriff

Re: No internet service once reset PPPOE password

Hi @zatty1612 , after you have PPOE username and password, you need to configure the new router to get the connection. You may refer Wireless Router Installation Guide or contact Asus support how to configure router

ojsec
Distinguished Citizen ✪✪

from the modem and router side , is there any red LED or something not right ?

if no , then got try using LAN cable connect PC test ?

sometime when device save the SSID , when name same password different , will not getting internet even there will connected . you can do at your device to remove the SSID then reconnect again .

Kasmaini
Distinguished Citizen ✪✪✪

Does your Fibre Modem in good condition and also have you already turn on the VLAN Profile for Malaysia Unifi on the ISP Setting at your Asus Router?

zatty1612
Contributing Citizen ✪

Hello everyone. Thought that this needs update.

i have managed to solve it. The issue was due to problematic out of the box firmware. Have to upgrade router firmware to the latest version (you need a PC or laptop and internet connection for this.) Once upgraded to the latest version (mine was v3.0.0.4.386_67508), we can use the internet straight away. 

cipp
Sheriff

Thank you for the info. 👍