cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS4 NAT type issue

Itsukashiddo202
Contributing Citizen ✪

PS4 NAT type issue

Hi there, I am using Unifi Lite Bundle 8Mbps.

My PS4 network display as NAT type 3.

Because of this I am unable to host multiplayer session and I am limited to the room that I can join.

I did try changing it to NAT type 2 but nothing seems working.

The method I used is UPnP enable and DMZ.

I hope to seek advice from this issue as soon as possible.

*My setup is TM router (upstairs) connect to TP-Link Archer A6 Router to PS4.*

3 REPLIES 3
sbslash
Upholding Citizen ✪

Re: PS4 NAT type issue

There are 3 types of NAT in your PS4: 

Type 1 (Open): The system is directly connected to the Internet (no router or firewall), and you should have no problems connecting to other PS4 systems.

Type 2 (Moderate): The system is connected through a router properly, and generally you won’t have problems.

Type 3 (Strict): The system is connected through a router without open ports or DMZ setup, and you may have problems related with the connection or voice chat.

The NAT type failed normally because of the network issues, such as the incorrect network settings or the network firewall problems. Changing NAT Type can be an effective method to improve your PS4 network status. At present, you can’t manage the NAT type status directly by your PS4 settings, and you need to change the NAT type by the router settings.

Itsukashiddo202
Contributing Citizen ✪

At first I did by enabling UPnP in my Tp-Link Archer A6 router then still the same.

After that, I tried using DMZ but also still NAT type 3.

I am not sure if I am doing anything wrong.

I hope to seek advice.

Thanks.

Itsukashiddo202
Contributing Citizen ✪

Sunday I did try enable DMZ and UPnP on both router still the same result on my PS4 NAT Type 3.
I hope to get technical assistance.
Thanks.