Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help

SOLVED
johndoe_1545
Upholding Citizen ✪

Please help

Recently, my brother and father went to tmpoint hq ipoh to close account, because we need to combine the phone line account and streamyx account under my brother name and we moving to new house. it was done swiftly (thanks for that).

However, we were presented with a shock bomb. The counter inform us that my area doesnt support the basic streamyx. The reason they give is that the lowest package available is 4 or 8mb, and my area is only up to 2mb. Which is for me, is weird, because before this, we enjoyed 4mb speed. so being told that we cant anymore is ridiculous (the new house is only next door BTW). 

We insist we want 4 or 8 mb because there no more other options for us (no TIME, No Maxis, NO UNIFI AIR, ETC). We don't mind if the speed isnt up to par, and we certainly glad if in future my area will be upgraded. But again, the counter told us that THEY CAN'T OPEN NEW ACCOUNT IF THE SPEED ISNT SUPPORTED.

So, let me ask you these questions now, how do you plan to solve this? What on earth is the policy maker thinking when they make this rules? DO THEY JUST PRETEND THAT MOST AREA (WHICH IS STILL LACK BEHIND AND DEPENDENT ON THEIR MONOPOLY OF INTERNET) DOES NOT EXISTS AT ALL? 

5 REPLIES 5
remstr
Mayor

Re: Please help

hi there @johndoe_1545 ,

Firstly, the information from the staff are accurate (if you are reffering to TMpoint staff).

After the price drop (streamyx), TM are more cautious when it comes to streamyx or pre-unifi which doesnt seem to support higher speed (4Mbps and above).

This is to avoid unnecessary complaints because lets face it, 2Mbps speed are not enough for some user. They will eventually complaints.

So if you are still wants that, you can discuss with them. My advise is to discuss with them like civilised person, im sure they can work on something.

johndoe_1545
Upholding Citizen ✪

We been using from 512kbps to 4mb/+ from old days till now, the only complaints we ever made are when the internet line is down. Yes, we been really civilised everytime because we know how stressed is customer service.

But the point is, we not mad at the counter, we mad at the policy maker or the higher up if you prefer. We mad at the fact this policy will deny any future similar cases like me, or even people who moving back to kampung.

I called up 100 and the technician is really nice, he told that "the system maybe not up to date if you are really using 4mb/+" and "call the technician to speed test when he come to install phone line into your new home".

So, I'll be waiting for the actual results, before heading to TM point to discuss again

remstr
Mayor

Yes @johndoe_1545 ,

This is not a very serious issues and they can help you, like they always does.

Im glad that you have come to an understanding with them.

Aerol76
Contributing Citizen ✪

My line already Bar right now.. Please rectify

Aerol76
Contributing Citizen ✪

My mobile phone already BAR right now. Please rectify. TQ