cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TM Unifi Promotion

Contributing Citizen ✪✪

TM Unifi Promotion

I had a call inviting me as a "reward" for being loyal customer to renew my contract for further 2 years and have free period until 31st December. This is not a "Reward", the promotion is being  given to existing and new customers !!

On checking my contract date with TM I am now informed that my contract expired in August - something I was not advised about but TM continued to take my monthly payment by my Direct Debit 

I am not prepared to renew on the basis of my present payment which is RM 218.50 which is much more than the present plans are being advertised at so my intention is to start new contract at lower rate for higher speed.  

Overall I feel that TM are not treating loyal customers fairly , and the  so called 'promotion' offer is a bit of a "Con".

7 REPLIES 7
Sheriff

Re: TM Unifi Promotion

@manukes wrote:

I had a call inviting me as a "reward" for being loyal customer to renew my contract for further 2 years and have free period until 31st December. This is not a "Reward", the promotion is being  given to existing and new customers !!

On checking my contract date with TM I am now informed that my contract expired in August - something I was not advised about but TM continued to take my monthly payment by my Direct Debit 

I am not prepared to renew on the basis of my present payment which is RM 218.50 which is much more than the present plans are being advertised at so my intention is to start new contract at lower rate for higher speed.  

Overall I feel that TM are not treating loyal customers fairly , and the  so called 'promotion' offer is a bit of a "Con".

hi @manukes ,

Err you do realized that even if your contract ended, you still have to pay for the services?

Secondly, if you want to change the plan for a lower price, you can do that. But again, a contract refresh might occur.

For me, if you want to use the services for a long time, you dont have to afraid of contract. But its up to you as a user.

footer remstr 1.png

Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Of course I appreciate that I have to pay for services, the point I am making is I feel they should notify me that my plan time has ended.  I also find out now that because my plan time has expired I am not entitled to the promotion being offered.   I also tried to register on the community site but find I cannot do that because all the I/D options are for Malaysian customers.  Although I am a resident the portal will not accept a foreign  passport for registration.   All TM seem to be good at, administratively, is telling me what I cannot do without too much help or advice about how to resolve problems.

Sheriff

hi there @manukes , from my experience, they wont do that( notify about the end of a contract) , unless you ask them about the contract period.

You can enjoy the Pay Nothing promo like everyone else, by continuing your contract for another 2 years.

"I also tried to register on the community site but find I cannot do that because all the I/D options are for Malaysian customers."

May i know which site is this?

footer remstr 1.png

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Sheriff

Hi @manukes , i dont think so. Because i can see the slection for ID type as follows,

pass.JPG

footer remstr 1.png

Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Very strange......   not seeing the same thing when I go to that site. My screenshot not working so can't show but the list I am seeing is:  SELECT/MAKAD/MYPR/MYKAS/POLICE/ARMY. 

Contributing Citizen ✪✪

I have given up trying to sort things out online and instead visited the TM Unifi Centre where I re-contracted on same plan so now getting December FOC.