cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Unifi Air Coverage

SOLVED
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Test Unifi Air Coverage

I checked on TM's site and found out my place has no coverage and is in between coverage are which are very near to my place. I'm requesting for a possibilty to apply for the device to test at home and if it really does not work I'll return the device. The reason of this is I had the same experience with Celcom which on their site says no coverage at my area but they have this 30 days return policy without charges so I subcribed with them and brought the device back to try and it work. Hence I'm hopping TM can allow me to try with the device without charging me. 

My area has no fibre and only with snail slow streamyx at 4Mbps and it is killing me. I'm hopping with this Unifi Air it will at least speed up a little more to help me with my work.

9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Citizen ✪

Re: Test Unifi Air Coverage

@Charlize wrote:

I checked on TM's site and found out my place has no coverage and is in between coverage are which are very near to my place. I'm requesting for a possibilty to apply for the device to test at home and if it really does not work I'll return the device. The reason of this is I had the same experience with Celcom which on their site says no coverage at my area but they have this 30 days return policy without charges so I subcribed with them and brought the device back to try and it work. Hence I'm hopping TM can allow me to try with the device without charging me. 

My area has no fibre and only with snail slow streamyx at 4Mbps and it is killing me. I'm hopping with this Unifi Air it will at least speed up a little more to help me with my work.

they cannot register u if you are not in their network. i asked couple of my friends, and they verify that.

#WakandaForeva
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

@wakandahforeva wrote:

@Charlize wrote:

they cannot register u if you are not in their network. i asked couple of my friends, and they verify that.

I have talked to them and they were willing to register me with the device it is just that I would take the risk. I'm asking for the flexibity like what other telco is providing to be able to take the device back home to test if it work --good and if it doesn't work I just return the device without any charges

Sheriff

@Charlize wrote:

@wakandahforeva wrote:

@Charlize wrote:

I have talked to them and they were willing to register me with the device it is just that I would take the risk. I'm asking for the flexibity like what other telco is providing to be able to take the device back home to test if it work --good and if it doesn't work I just return the device without any charges

Good to hear that, @Charlize . May i know which TMpoint said that?

footer remstr 1.png

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

@remstr wrote:

@Charlize wrote:

@wakandahforeva wrote:

@Charlize wrote:

Hi @remstr  it was at Penang Burmah Road but I don't want to take the risk hence I didn't take the device but just the simcard without contract. The bad news is the modem/router I have is locked to telco C and I don't get to test the simcard I got from TM. I will return the simcard to TM in these few days. This is sad as I'm stuck with streamyx which is even slower than sloth. 

Sheriff

@Charlize wrote:

@remstr wrote:

@Charlize wrote:

@wakandahforeva wrote:

@Charlize wrote:

Hi @remstr  it was at Penang Burmah Road but I don't want to take the risk hence I didn't take the device but just the simcard without contract. The bad news is the modem/router I have is locked to telco C and I don't get to test the simcard I got from TM. I will return the simcard to TM in these few days. This is sad as I'm stuck with streamyx which is even slower than sloth. 

I feel you bro @Charlize . But again, if you can do something abt the modem, and tested the unifi air that would be great, for you.

footer remstr 1.png

Contributing Citizen ✪✪

@remstr wrote:

@Charlize wrote:

@remstr wrote:

@Charlize wrote:

@wakandahforeva wrote:

@Charlize wrote:

I feel you bro @Charlize . But again, if you can do something abt the modem, and tested the unifi air that would be great, for you.

Yeah @remstr I don't know what I can do unless you guys can teach me how to unlock the modem/router else I don't think I can do anything but to live with the sloth speed

Contributing Citizen ✪✪

I asked TM to send technician to bring modem/router to my house to test and TM agreed. Today the technician came with the device to test and confirmed my house is covered even though the TM site map said not cover. I'll be going over to TM to sign up 2 years device plan. TM should provide this service.
Sheriff

@Charlize wrote:
I asked TM to send technician to bring modem/router to my house to test and TM agreed. Today the technician came with the device to test and confirmed my house is covered even though the TM site map said not cover. I'll be going over to TM to sign up 2 years device plan. TM should provide this service.

Good for you @Charlize . Maybe after this you can share your experience here so that others can follow if necessary. Im sure lots of them wants to know the steps to do it.

footer remstr 1.png

Contributing Citizen ✪✪

I'm going to share how to approach TM Point for Unifi Air plan even if your area is said to be not covered by TM Unifi Air coverage map. My house is not in the coverage area according to the TM Unifi Air coverage map too.

1. Go to TM Point ask for technician to go to your house to check the actual coverage. Even if the officer at TM Point said your house is not in the coverage area do insist for technician to check.
  2. TM officer will make an appointment with you to have technician to go to your house to check and confirm if your house is able to receive the signal.
  3. After the technician has checked and confirmed your house is within the coverage go to TM Point to subscribe the 2 years contract plan with device.

The above is for those who need the device

Anyway, the technician came to my house to verify and confirmed that my house is covered even though the map says not covered. I just got the Unifi Air device today and is using it to post this out