cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally unstable connection for the past 6 days or so

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪

Totally unstable connection for the past 6 days or so

So I'm on the unifi turbo 500mbps package running a cat6 cable and a wifi repeater, it wasn't always like this but nowadays it just happens randomly, and ALWAYS happens 12AM-4AM the connection is straight up terrible, and at this time I'm the only person using the internet.

I ran a ping test with CMD and the results like 4ms for 5 times then suddenly 20 40 50 ms and then connection timed out for a couple of seconds then very slowly back to 4ms.

I already contacted the utterly useless customer service many times and the only thing they offer to do is "I will reset your port".

I'm running on the provided DIR-850L and I made sure firmware is upgraded to latest version. The speed is fine to be honest it reaches around 300mbps or so, but its just like every 30 seconds boom ping rise to 500ms for like 30 seconds and comes back and its the most annoying thing. I'm willing to sacrifice the excessive speed anytime for a bit more stability.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Mayor

Re: Totally unstable connection for the past 6 days or so

Hi there @gofu ,

If i may ask, you are sure that its a network issue, not your servers ( i assume you are playing games at that time)?

And if you are gaming, what game you are playing?