Transfer of ownership

McSal
Contributing Citizen ✪

Transfer of ownership

Hi. I'm a current 100Mbps unifi home package. This account was registered under my name. I have another house with 800mbps which the account number is under my sister's name. We had come to TM POINT CYBERJAYA for transfer of the 800mbps account from my sister to me. I just read in one post that the new account (which is under my name) will be charged with 'pro-rated bill' during the first bill. I'm aware that the fee for transfer of ownership is RM10. My question is how much is the pro-rated price per day for 800MBPS RM199 monthly package would cost? Cause I got the feeling that there will be 'extra charge' for this RM10 'transfer of ownership'. The  lady in TM POINT CYBERJAYA wasn't telling me anything about this but I wanna know just in case you want to charge extra cost on customer, at least have the courtesy to tell them first. I would greatly appreciate if you can give me your most honest (nothing hidden) regarding my question. Thank you.

that the transfer of ownership 

3 REPLIES 3
Awe_donde
Sheriff

Re: Transfer of ownership

Hi, @McSal. I have a friend who subscribes to maxis fiber,also got charges for change ownership. For me,maybe this is a normal charges for such documentation process. it has nothing related to your packages subscription. Anyway you may refer their customer services by live chat or dial 100 number to get the information.

bintang_
Sheriff

@McSal wrote:

Hi. I'm a current 100Mbps unifi home package. This account was registered under my name. I have another house with 800mbps which the account number is under my sister's name. We had come to TM POINT CYBERJAYA for transfer of the 800mbps account from my sister to me. I just read in one post that the new account (which is under my name) will be charged with 'pro-rated bill' during the first bill. I'm aware that the fee for transfer of ownership is RM10. My question is how much is the pro-rated price per day for 800MBPS RM199 monthly package would cost? Cause I got the feeling that there will be 'extra charge' for this RM10 'transfer of ownership'. The  lady in TM POINT CYBERJAYA wasn't telling me anything about this but I wanna know just in case you want to charge extra cost on customer, at least have the courtesy to tell them first. I would greatly appreciate if you can give me your most honest (nothing hidden) regarding my question. Thank you.

Hi @McSal 

Based on my own experience:

As far as I'm concerned, unifi implement a pay-before-use policy. Meaning to say, we been charged in advance every month. unifi first-month bill after any plan modification made usually consist of pro-rate charge + one month advance charge + 6% SST charge

Pro-rate charge: our usage from the date of account activation (based on your scenario: transfer ownership successful) until the day before the date of issuance of our first bill.

One-month advance charge: calculated from the date our first bill is issued until the day before the date issuance of our second bill

6% SST charge: calculated from the total pro-rate charge + one-month advance charge

bintang_
Sheriff

@McSal wrote:

Now, let's do the math (prorate charge) based on your scenario: 

The pro-rated charge: P/s: I'm unable to figure out the exact amount (prorate charge) as it depend on your plan price, bill date and date of transfer owner successful. But the calculation as below:

Say your plan price RM 199/month, your bill date every 10th of the month and your transfer ownership successful on 27/03/2022

So, your first bill is calculated from 27/03/2022 - 09/05/2022 (44 days usage). Prorated charge is calculated from date 27/03/2022 - 09/04/2022 (14 days) + one month adv is calculated from 10/04/2022 - 09/05/2022 (30 days)

Prorate charge for 14 days usage = RM 92.87. Calculation is as below:
199 / 30 days X 14days: RM 92.87

I found some good read related to your inquiry (Click here). Most likely you'll find your 1st bill higher 😮

Based on your scenario, the first-bill charges might includes prorate charge (your plan price, bill date and date of transfer owner successful) + one month advance charge RM199 + Transfer owner fee RM10 + 6% SST 

Still wondering how's pro-rate charge calculated? Contact their CS directly at > https://home.unifi.com.my/support/contact-us for further explanation.

I'd advise you to wait for the bill issued first, easy for them to explain based on the actual scenario (your plan price, bill date and date of transfer owner successful).