Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unifi AS4788 is SLOW at NIGHT

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Unifi AS4788 is SLOW at NIGHT

Hello there,

I don't know if you guys notice that Unifi is VERY VERY slow at night with congested traffic trying to connect to servers hosted in Singapore. I have a few servers hosted with Singtel as well as OVH Singapore, they all goes back to my Unifi at home via [4788.sgw.equinix.com (27.111.228.15) ]. During night time , AS4788 edge router in Singapore inside Equinix datacenter just cannot BARE the enourmous traffic and started to give up, poor little router. I have check the log of OVH latency from smokeping, and attached the latency pattern during morning and night time, hope the network engineers from Telekom Malaysia can do something about it to improve the network speed and lower the latency.....
The latency at morning can be as low as 7ms, and at night 300+++ms, OMG, throughput of ~ 10mbps, the same goes to Singtel network.

Please take note that this is CET time zone

Latency graph of OVH cloud for 3 hours 

Capture2.PNG

Latency pattern over 30 hours  and 10 days, as shown day by day the router start to give up..... sad..

Capture.PNG

Many people ask why nightime Unifi is so slow, I think this is the cause...... very slow at night ah..... Telekom Malaysia network engineers, please improve the network quality at night please.....

Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Re: Unifi AS4788 is SLOW at NIGHT

In case anybody who can't see the graph, can review the live graph chart here 

http://sgp.smokeping.ovh.net/smokeping?target=APAC.AS4788

Highlighted
Mayor

Good observation @leang97 .

Have you log a report? Maybe they can do something about it?

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

I did try to contact Unifi via facebook channel, they refreshed my internet connection which helped me avoid the bad route, but my users from malaysia 90% + was using unifi, they aren't getting a good connection to the servers, and complaining it to me, and it was user-side ISP network issue which I cannot do anything about it but just to raise awareness to Telekom Malaysia engineers about the issue.

Highlighted
Mayor

@leang97 wrote:

I did try to contact Unifi via facebook channel, they refreshed my internet connection which helped me avoid the bad route, but my users from malaysia 90% + was using unifi, they aren't getting a good connection to the servers, and complaining it to me, and it was user-side ISP network issue which I cannot do anything about it but just to raise awareness to Telekom Malaysia engineers about the issue.

i understand your concern @leang97 . They should do something about this. Maybe when you are free, you can drop by to your nearestTMpoint?

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

I am currently busy working on the weekdays, if I could, I would drop by the nearest TMPoint, but what should I told them when I was at TMPoint ? Cause normally I go to TMPoint when I need to register a new line, didn't go there to report technical issues before. 

Highlighted
Mayor

@leang97 wrote:

I am currently busy working on the weekdays, if I could, I would drop by the nearest TMPoint, but what should I told them when I was at TMPoint ? Cause normally I go to TMPoint when I need to register a new line, didn't go there to report technical issues before. 

you told them you want to lodge a report @leang97 .  After that, its easier for us to escalate the issues.

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Aight @remstr , in case I have no time to visit TMPoint, can I lodge a report online by submiting a ticket or anything else?

Highlighted
Mayor

@leang97 wrote:

Aight @remstr , in case I have no time to visit TMPoint, can I lodge a report online by submiting a ticket or anything else?

You can via livechat, but im not sure they will able to fully understand this issues. But there's no harm to try, right?

Highlighted
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

absolutely, thanks, I will give it a try!