cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unifi Connection Problem (Lots of spikes & lags), Having issue playing a smooth game

tckin0883
New-in-Town ✪

Unifi Connection Problem (Lots of spikes & lags), Having issue playing a smooth game

Problem details

Unifi Package: Unifi 100mbps

First occurence of problem: Happened on this week. Previously was working fine.
Problem frequency: Everytime I play online games.
Problem description: It has been a miserable period to me as I'm having problems playing online games especially dota2. The game always spike despite having a low ping. I was on wifi while playing the game and decided to use lan cable. Sadly, the problem still persist. Tot is my PC issue, then I change to another PC and connected to lan cable but the problem still persisit also.

The lags & spikes is consistent. Do you guys think it is the router issue? Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
remstr
Mayor

Re: Unifi Connection Problem (Lots of spikes & lags), Having issue playing a smooth game

hi there @tckin0883 , if all your connection was fine, is it possible that your server (dota 2) are having a problem, hence the high ping and lag?

rayman245
New-in-Town ✪

Re: Unifi Connection Problem (Lots of spikes & lags), Having issue playing a smooth game

I have been experiencing this issue as well for the past one month, additionally every few minutes while playing Dota and other online games, the router disconnects, and it shows red light on the router Internet LED. also after checking in the Router interface "192.168.0.1", It shows internet is disconnected/poor.

How on earth is internet connection poor if using fibre?

Please fix this Unifi pr provide an explaination and how long will it take to fix this, if not may need to escalate to MCMC.

Thanks,

MarcusChan
New-in-Town ✪

Now i am having the same problem now ! keep spiking like old school internet !

eg0805
New-in-Town ✪

Having the same issue here, 300mpbs but spike every minute, I have an ultra PC so it is definitely not PC problems. 

remstr
Mayor

Guys @eg0805 @tckin0883 @MarcusChan @rayman245 ,

Please seek help from livechat, they can try to reset your port. Usually that will fixed it (aside of high ping, lag and spike due to submarine cable fault)

https://livechat.tm.com.my/

skyl1n3
New-in-Town ✪

im having the same problem here. the spiking lag is always about 5 seconds, happening every a few minutes.

@tckin0883 wrote:

Problem details

Unifi Package: Unifi 100mbps

First occurence of problem: Happened on this week. Previously was working fine.
Problem frequency: Everytime I play online games.
Problem description: It has been a miserable period to me as I'm having problems playing online games especially dota2. The game always spike despite having a low ping. I was on wifi while playing the game and decided to use lan cable. Sadly, the problem still persist. Tot is my PC issue, then I change to another PC and connected to lan cable but the problem still persisit also.

The lags & spikes is consistent. Do you guys think it is the router issue? Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

this is really frustrating as i play online games. Fix this UNIFI!

Chicboi
New-in-Town ✪

Nope changed router, same problem

Jeremyjing
New-in-Town ✪

Having same problem out of the blue , previously working just fine 

tried restarting port , direct connect to lan , changing fibre cable 

anyone found  solution yet ?