cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unifi modem Huawei HG8240W adaptor

Normalguy
New-in-Town ✪

Unifi modem Huawei HG8240W adaptor

Today had issue with Unifi modem Huawei HG8240W do not have lights on. Tried to off and on still no lights or power ON for the modem. Well, my modem had been used for more than 5 years and never had problem for modem except other like internet connection from the server.

Called 100 for assistance and the customer service advised me to use TV box adaptor to replace the Modem adaptor. Had tried using wifi modem to power up the modem and it works. Customer service feedback that wifi adaptor current is not stable and yes he was correct! Huawei modem requires 0.5 A and the wifi adaptor i used is 0.3 A. 

Closed the call and quickly get my TV box adaptor ( well , i dont use the TV box as had signed up for other famous service provider in town) . So get a change of adaptor and works like a gem.

Thanks for the customer service to solve my problem on the spot and hope it helps to the community out here.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
syuquerey
Contributing Citizen ✪

Re: Unifi modem Huawei HG8240W adaptor

@Normalguy wrote:

Today had issue with Unifi modem Huawei HG8240W do not have lights on. Tried to off and on still no lights or power ON for the modem. Well, my modem had been used for more than 5 years and never had problem for modem except other like internet connection from the server.

Called 100 for assistance and the customer service advised me to use TV box adaptor to replace the Modem adaptor. Had tried using wifi modem to power up the modem and it works. Customer service feedback that wifi adaptor current is not stable and yes he was correct! Huawei modem requires 0.5 A and the wifi adaptor i used is 0.3 A. 

Closed the call and quickly get my TV box adaptor ( well , i dont use the TV box as had signed up for other famous service provider in town) . So get a change of adaptor and works like a gem.

Thanks for the customer service to solve my problem on the spot and hope it helps to the community out here.

wow...gud to know that the adapter can be used to replace the modem adapter...,

thanxs for the info

glad i came up to the community...