cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unifi plan was turbo upgraded from 30 to 300 but getting maximum 80 minimum 50

WazeJinx
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Unifi plan was turbo upgraded from 30 to 300 but getting maximum 80 minimum 50

Hi, our internet is very moderate but I very disagree that they have stated for a turbo upgrade and we still have the same speed. Before changing our router from the white/orange one (it was very boxy with white antennas and had it change because the antennas broke)  we changed to the new Wireless Router Archer C1200. It has dual bands, 2.4 and 5GHz. There arent any PC's connected via thernet. Only the IPTV which is the old one (grey box from 2012) so there isnt any devices draining the speed or interet. I have tested every sinngle day, during I am the only person at home and when there are many people. The minimum speed I get is 30 on 2.4 and 80 capped on 5GHz. Ive tried ethernet also, the same occurs, capped at 80.  This pisses me off as its not even 100++. I live in Malacca in the suburbs so saying I live in a village isnt a very good excuse. Is there anything I can do? The BTU is the old one by the way the black huawei one from 2012. So the only equipment that got replaced was the router. I just want speeds over 100 not capped at 70-80

5 REPLIES 5
remstr
Mayor

Re: Unifi plan was turbo upgraded from 30 to 300 but getting maximum 80 minimum 50

Hi there @WazeJinx ,

If you are already using LAN cable (and your network card can support high speed) but still doesnt get near 300mbps then i think you should log a report.

Something is not right.

Do log a report immediately. https://livechat.tm.com.my/

WazeJinx
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Re: Unifi plan was turbo upgraded from 30 to 300 but getting maximum 80 minimum 50

Thank you, I have live chatted the unifi people and they just resetted the port which I guess basically does not help. They informed me that theyll send over technicians to check on my internet. Heard it costs RM50 just for them coming to check haha. Hope my modem and STB can be replaced for free as they are the same ones from 2012 before we even got the turbo upgrade. Quite weird how they didn't replace our STB too during our router replacement

remstr
Mayor

Hi there @WazeJinx ,

That cost is for visit which not caused by TM fault. If your equipment do broke and need a replacement, you can try to ask them to waive the on site support cost.

And your grey STB really needs an upgrade. Nobody are using that one anymore.

WazeJinx
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

The TM people have came and checked all the equipments and had them all replaced 😅, even the grey STB with the white small STB. Modem has been replaced with a nokia modem and router with a D Link AC1200 router with 4 antennas. With ethernet it can support up to 300 but the technician said our plan was 500 and the new one does nit support it. Kind of weird how we didn't get a 500Mbps supported router, or are we supposed to buy our own 😅 Nevertheless over wifi on 5GHz easily above 100Mbps but never above 200. At least its not 40 mbps  which feels very slow. Wished the TM peoole could have just upgraded our equipment to support or 500MBps plan... But for RM54 replacing ALL the equipment, I am not complaining, but just feel like rugi hahaha not getting 500MBps

remstr
Mayor

HI there @WazeJinx ,

It is weird. That D-Link AC1200 should be able to support 1200Mbps or 1.2Gbps speed, hence the name. And by using LAN (CAT6) you should be able to reach 500Mbps (given your laptop network card can support that speed).

If you just get 300 then why not you downgrade to 300Mbps plan, or whichever cheaper.