cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unifi unable to change DNS?

Jingyu
Contributing Citizen ✪

Unifi unable to change DNS?

Hey everyone, I recently got my unifi connection. Now I always try to use 1.1.1.1 as my DNS, but for some reason the TM provided router (Archer C1200),even if I have changed both the IPv4 and IPv6 DNS to 1.1.1.1 and 2606:4700:4700::1111, it still connects to TM Net DNS for some reason. Fine I guess, I will buy a new router. So I bought a Archer AX10 and to my suprise, it still can't be changed? Same thing, changed both IPv4 and 6 to 1.1.1.1 but after multiple reboots and resets, still connects to TM Net DNS servers(btw I checked DNS with 1.1.1.1/help). I have no idea why it still can't be changed even with a newly bought router, do any of you have the same issue and know the solution? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
remstr
Mayor

Re: Unifi unable to change DNS?

Hi there @Jingyu ,

Sure lot of people are using Cloudflare DNS as well. This is the first time i heard user cannot change DNS.

Same thing happened with Google DNS or any other DNS?

Jingyu
Contributing Citizen ✪

Thanks for your reply. I just tried Google DNS and OpenDNS and both still doesn't work,keeps on using TM Net DNS. Here is a copied result link from 1.1.1.1/help with the DNS set to OpenDNS: https://1.1.1.1/help#eyJpc0NmIjoiTm8iLCJpc0RvdCI6Ik5vIiwiaXNEb2giOiJObyIsInJlc29sdmVySXAtMS4xLjEuMSI...

With test-ipv6.com also say using DNS possibly run by ISP on all 3 DNS providers.

Jingyu
Contributing Citizen ✪

I just discovered something, earlier today I set my DNS to OpenDNS and when I am using my PC, on 1.1.1.1/help it shows that it's using OpenDNS. It seems like it only applies to LAN devices and not over wifi?? 

zaimani
Contributing Citizen ✪✪✪

Do not change DNS on your router. Change DNS under your windows. It will gives same result.

Jingyu
Contributing Citizen ✪

I have some devices that cannot change DNS device side, so this is not the solution for me.