WAN Configuration for Asus router

Lee81
New-in-Town ✪

WAN Configuration for Asus router

Hi all, I just bought a new Asus router, RT-AX88U, and today I removed my old TP-Link router and setup this new Asus router. However, I followed all the guidelines in Quick Internet Setup but my WAN somehow is still red in colour, which means I can’t connect to the Internet. Then, I called TM Unifi on this matter and they reset the PPPOE password for me, which I then key-in everything correctly, including Username & Password, but still, the WAN is red. Later in noon, two TM Unifi technician came, they sat down and just configure the WAN in a very fast speed which I can’t even see what they have clicked. Finally, the WAN on my Asus router turned white and I have been charged RM40 for a 5 minute configuration. Can anyone here kind enough to explain what happened as the TM technician asked me not to disturb anything on the ASUS Web UI… I hope I could know what is the solution to this matter so that I could DIY myself and save RM40… if got solution to this, please help me…. thank you so much.

12 REPLIES 12
remstr
Mayor

Re: WAN Configuration for Asus router

Hi there @Lee81 ,

Im afraid if you set up a new router, its not just plug and play. Apparently there will be a setting that need to come in play and technician can do that.

But if someone can set it up w/o calling technician, please do share with us here. Maybe it can help others.

robbiew2008
New-in-Town ✪

I had this issue today! If you go to the LAN settings (rather than WAN) and go to the IPTV tab, you can change the profile to unifi-home. This solved the issue for me. Hope it helps somebody Smiley Surprised

Azim16
New-in-Town ✪

Thanks for the tips! It worked well for me to. I'm using Asus RT-AC59U. Contacted Asus tech support and Unifi, no solution. Luckily i found your comment in google! 😃

Heng4
New-in-Town ✪

It works! Been on the phone with unifi whole day & can't solve problem. Wish I've seen your post earlier. 

Jchia68
New-in-Town ✪

ReConfiguration for Asus router RT-AX53U

Hi... Brought a Asus RT-AX53U router.... Follow asus instruction to configure the settings...... When done.. Said successfully but when connect WiFi on phone, stated connected but no Internet. Been trying Many times but still failed. Please advise what settings I miss out?? 

Sakura84
Sheriff

Re: ReConfiguration for Asus router RT-AX53U

Hi @Jchia68 

Do you enter the correct PPOE username and password during router configuration?

You may try contacting the unifi support team to check your PPOE username and password for confirmation.

ise_bad
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Hi. I have the exact same problem here. Using RT-AX53U. I'm have my unifi user name & password correct. This is not my first time using asus router but this is different. It is wierd. Also setup the iptv LAN3 but still same result. WAN disconnected. Somebody please help us. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

ise_bad
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Hi Jchia68, did you solve this issue? Could you please share how you resolve the problem? Thanks alot. 

Ejah89
Sheriff

Hi, @ise_bad.
You already check the password with their customer service? They can test if the password is correct or not