cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY IS UNIFI RELOCATION SO INCONVENIENT?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New-in-Town ✪

WHY IS UNIFI RELOCATION SO INCONVENIENT?

I needed to relocate my Unifi internet to a new home. So when I asked the TM livechat personnel, they told me I needed to be physically present at a TMpoint for verification. To make matters worse, only specific TMpoints provide relocation services and are available from 9am - 5.30pm on weekdays ONLY.

How would anyone working a regular 9-5 job (basically the majority of working adults) access this service without having to take leave - all just for relocating my internet.

It's 2019 and this is clearly unacceptable. Please fix this. 

P.S. - In Australia, this could be done over a simple phone call taking no more than 5 minutes (including verification). 

2 REPLIES 2
Sheriff

Re: WHY IS UNIFI RELOCATION SO INCONVENIENT?

@dwgabriel wrote:

I needed to relocate my Unifi internet to a new home. So when I asked the TM livechat personnel, they told me I needed to be physically present at a TMpoint for verification. To make matters worse, only specific TMpoints provide relocation services and are available from 9am - 5.30pm on weekdays ONLY.

How would anyone working a regular 9-5 job (basically the majority of working adults) access this service without having to take leave - all just for relocating my internet.

It's 2019 and this is clearly unacceptable. Please fix this. 

P.S. - In Australia, this could be done over a simple phone call taking no more than 5 minutes (including verification). 

hi @dwgabriel ,

Yes, that is the current practices for a relocation. They need your thumbprint to do that.

And also, they can check your new address, i mean the unifi availability over there.

You can choose the easiest and nearest TMpoint to do that, not specific. They told you "specific" maybe because they dont want you to go to TAD, which currently cannot do the relocation. People tend to get confused.

So you can find the TMpoint here, please filter to TMPoint Only.

About the working hours, i cant say anything about that.

Hope that helps.

footer remstr 1.png

Sheriff

Re: WHY IS UNIFI RELOCATION SO INCONVENIENT?

Hi @dwgabriel ,

Sorry to hear that. Yep, for relocating your unifi you need to do at TM Point. Actually, they need the owner thumbprint for the verification and that is why the account owner must be present at the TM Point. 

You also can refer here

https://community.unifi.com.my/t5/Relocation/Where-can-I-request-for-service-relocation/ta-p/23308

Btw, thank you so much for your feedback. Believe they will do an improvement soon.

kudos.png