cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Connection Intermittent

LeonLoke
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Wifi Connection Intermittent

Ever since MCO, wifi connection (300 mbps) has been working intermittently , slow and sometimes keep disconnecting and reconnecting.

Even LAN connection has slowed down too and this is affecting my work from home experiences and day to day usages.

Speedtest through LAN. For 300 mbps this is the speed??Speedtest through LAN. For 300 mbps this is the speed??Even 5Gzh is faster than LAN, but 300 mbps????Even 5Gzh is faster than LAN, but 300 mbps????2.4 gzh speedtest by laptop from work2.4 gzh speedtest by laptop from workSetup by TM Unifi since 2018Setup by TM Unifi since 2018

I have around 10 devices which will always stay actively  connected through LAN and WIFI among my family member. Please do advise with us how could the service and connection improves ? 

Do we need a better router, modem? Do we need Mesh for better coverage? 

I have been a loyal customer since years ago from streamyx until unifi. 

Is this kinda service acceptable ? Guess not. Hopefully there's some action taken, not just by advising us to resetting the DNS setting with router or our home area network. I've reset everything through DLINK several times during MCO until recent. Issue never stop happening.

We aren't customer who's paying for cheap package and if there's upgrade which could resolve this, by mesh by improving the hardware. As long its reasonable we'll do it. For your kind heart with customer, if you have it. Please help.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
anr077
Mayor

Re: Wifi Connection Intermittent

Hi,

Have you asked livechat team regarding this issue before?

LeonLoke
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Yes , i do. Call , chat , emails, every channels.

I've tested the hardware wasn't an issue. Requirements were all checked to have the optimal connectivity. 

Yet the connection and speed did turned better by suspecting port reset with my WAN since there was no informing to test and reset port. 

However, TM did not send any confirmation email with my Mesh order(1-21-MWA0464115 ) by last friday, 9th April. Yet i have chase for updates by sunday and none reverts. UNTIL i have made another order (1-21-MWA0464750 ) due to wasn't sure will bill gets charge for order (1-21-MWA0464115 ) without confirmation, then only i received emails from TM support that my 1st order (1-21-MWA0464115 ) was confirmed and i cant cancel my 2nd duplicated order (1-21-MWA0464750 ) .. HELLO??????? i made 2nd order was due to no updates given and now TM wanna double charge me????? 

How would i know the rulesssss if it wasn't set for public in the beginning ?? 

CAN YOU SEE HOW RIDICULOUS IS THIS?? 

LeonLoke
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Poor Handling with Mesh Order confirmation

First of all, TM Unifi has disappoint me over and over again.

Amazed by how "efficient" their service can be!!

I've made my Mesh order(1-21-MWA0464115 ) by last friday, 9th April. 

Yet i have not received any confirmation calls or email or any communication with my order tracking number , i have chase for updates by sunday and none reverts. 

Smiley Mad

UNTIL i have made another order (1-21-MWA0464750 ) due to wasn't sure will bill gets charge for order (1-21-MWA0464115 ) without confirmation, then only i received emails from TM support that my 1st order (1-21-MWA0464115 ) was confirmed and i cant cancel my 2nd duplicated order (1-21-MWA0464750 ) ..

Smiley MadSmiley MadSmiley Mad

HELLO??????? i made 2nd order was due to no updates given and now TM wanna double charge me????? 

How would i know the rulesssss if it wasn't set for public to view in the beginning ?? IS THIS SCAM? 

wakandahforeva
Distinguished Citizen ✪

Regarding the double order of mesh, they can sort it out, you can just livechat with them. The problem is with your connection, with 10 constantly connected device i am pretty sure that will affect your experience (with all of them connected to the same access point).

Mesh will reduce the stress of your existing AP/modem, given you separate those device (5 connect with mesh AP, rest connect with existing AP).

Place your mesh wisely, do not cramp them out in a single area.

#WakandaForeva
LeonLoke
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Dont get it why will it stress as i was told on call before that its okay to have that amount of devices stay connected. 

Appreciate with the notes but mostly we should've known if anyone has experienced with simple networking . 

#evenironmanhasaheart

EarthPotato
New-in-Town ✪

It could be your hardware compatibility problem that is preventing LAN from getting more speed than 100Mbps. I will post a link below for refence on what are the things that you should be checking for.

https://www.windowsdigitals.com/change-ethernet-status-speed-from-100-mbps-to-1-gbps-gigabit/ 

For wifi it's pretty difficult to find the problem.

- It could be due to many wireless device connected to it. Too many signal inteference could effect the internet speed.

- Your wireless device is probably using an old and weak wifi adapater.

- The type of frequency, it's pretty complicated so I will leave a link for reference.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2014/12/30/802-11ac-vs-802-11n-wifi-whats-the-difference/?s... 

- You need to do some googleing on your device/wireless adapter model to see the maximum limit of it's wifi bandwith.