forgot router password

aimanjoo
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

forgot router password

i changed my router password a couple weeks ago and ive forgotten on what is the new password that i set for my router . if i did to restore it to factory defaults is there any tutorial on how to set the unifi network back? thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
ojsec
Distinguished Citizen ✪✪

Re: forgot router password

last time i got try on one router before , don't know what brands already .

behind router have a hole , inside got a reset botton , i search google for how to reset router password for that brand of router , it teach that way , but need very careful of the timing , i say something like 3 sec or what is reset password only , if more sec that is factory reset .

aimanjoo
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

hello , from what ive search due to me completely forget my router password is that i need to fully factory reset it. But when i see the tutorial on how to configure it back it requires something called PPPoe for unifi which i need to acquire somehow. can i know where i can i get it?

remstr
Mayor

HI @aimanjoo ,

You can get the PPOE username and password via livechat i think, or they will send someone to reconfigure your router.

Bear in mind that you will be charged RM53 if they sent technician to your home. So yeah, register for unifi portal and then you can livechat.

aimanjoo
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

so u i mean i can still reconfigure it by myself?
remstr
Mayor

Hi @aimanjoo ,

After reset, no you cant. Unless you can backup your configuration before resetting the modem, which i dont think can happen since you forgot the password.

aimanjoo
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

any yt vids tutorial suggestion?
remstr
Mayor

Hi @aimanjoo ,

Um nothing from me, but you can always search for Qusyairi Ramli YT channel, he know his stuff.