Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#BEBAS for MMU Students

SOLVED
marawan
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Re: #BEBAS for MMU Students

Hi, I received my Sim card on Monday I tried twice to activate my Sim card,on my second time as I think it is not yet registered as a trial because while i was scanning my serial no and  it didn't work. and on my first time I applied by wrong to change my private phone number from maxis to unifi and I speaked to maxis to cancel my request and they canceled and I speaked to unifi live chat also and I received an sms today from unifi say it was canceled which is good, now I need to activate my unifi sim card to use for online classes with completely new number other than my private, ( because of course it is impossible to have 2 Sim with one number ) , one more thing, when I registered in the app I used my private email marawandeep13@gmail.com, but later I figured out that I need to use my university email which is 1181102334@student.mmu.edu.my, so pls tell me how to change

And fix all this staff 

Because live chat were always asking to order another sim and this mean I will pay twice which I don't want pls help as fast as possible 

marawan
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Hi, I received my Sim card on Monday I tried twice to activate my Sim card,on my second time as I think it is not yet registered as a trial because while i was scanning my serial no and  it didn't work. and on my first time I applied by wrong to change my private phone number from maxis to unifi and I speaked to maxis to cancel my request and they canceled and I speaked to unifi live chat also and I received an sms today from unifi say it was canceled which is good, now I need to activate my unifi sim card to use for online classes with completely new number other than my private, ( because of course it is impossible to have 2 Sim with one number ) , one more thing, when I registered in the app I used my private email marawandeep13@gmail.com, but later I figured out that I need to use my university email which is 1181102334@student.mmu.edu.my, so pls tell me how to change

And fix all this staff 

Because live chat were always asking to order another sim and this mean I will pay twice which I don't want pls help as fast as possible 

carmenljm00
Contributing Citizen ✪

hi, i've received the sim card and did as the instruction booklet shown. after inserting sim card i went to settings > mobile network > access point name > 'add' then i fill in only the name & APN field with 'unifi' as instructed. > and then reset it as default

then, i pressed in the unifi apn and it shown mode, after pressing into mode, there's only 2 selections (automatic/manual) whenever i press which of these it just return to the mode page thats it. 

i also entered my id number (as in NRIC) and student email as i registered on google form, but it shows "customer doesn't exist".

i turned on mobile data but it's not working, the mobile data icon on top is not even showing, which means i still can't acccess the mobile data after all. 

Please assist me what can i do else????

lilpotato
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Have you register your SIM in unifi@mobile app? Press 'I already have a sim' and register yourself using student email. Then choose a phone number you like (make sure you remember the number you chose you will need it to login afterwards) and remember to scroll down to choose 'NEXT' instead of 'I WANT TO KEEP MY EXISTING NUMBER'. You will be ask to scan your IC and the bar code on the card. After everything is done, you need to wait for few minutes and a sms saying your phone no. is successfully activated. Then you just need to press 'First time login' at the homepage of unifi@mobile app and follow the steps. Hope this helps Smiley Happy
reso
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

After i chose i already have a sim and finish the process of choosing a number, i got order number is received (not sure why im getting order number), I get promoted "connection issue" before the next step where I need to send my IC. i tried on two different phones also cannot. 

Nellielau
Contributing Citizen ✪

Same here Smiley Sad

carmenljm00
Contributing Citizen ✪

if i choose ‘I ALREADY HAVE A SIM' will my current phone number get cancelled? cos i just want to activate the unifi sim card for internet but i do WANT to keep my own maxis line for calls and purposes. 

appreaciate for all the replies, thank you!

lilpotato
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Ya when I register I got that as well but I just ignore the order number and retry to register the SIM until everything is done. Means until the final step which is scanning the bar code on the card and then the box shows DONE in green background.
lilpotato
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

I think the I ALREADY HAVE A SIM means that you already receive the new unifi sim card and not that you already have a sim card previously which you have been using. It doesn't affect your maxis sim since our phone now can plaace two sim card at a time as long as when you choose your unifi number from the 5 random phone no. they provide you don't choose I WANT TO KEEP MY EXISTING NUMBER. Make sure you choose NEXT which is under the option I WANT TO KEEP MY EXISTING NUMBER and is not show on screen if you don't scroll to the bottom.
reso
Contributing Citizen ✪✪

i tried registerin is like five times and all the time i received "connection issue" after i choose new number  and receive the order number. due to this error i couldnt proceed to scanning my IC. now it says i can only register 5 sim card per ID.  Im just trying to activate the sim card i received yesterday, gg lah like this.