Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Internet Connection even with LTE/4G line

SOLVED
Contributing Citizen ✪

Bad Internet Connection even with LTE/4G line

Hi,

I've been using unifi mobile since its early launch few years ago at Bandar Sunway, used to love it so much because very easy, cheaper and fast too. My favorite till today is BEBAS Weekly Unlimited LTE RM20/week.

But as years passed, the internet connection (around same area and everywhere else too) got worsen, especially this year 2020 very bad tbh. I used to be able to upload working documents to Cloud Drive size 4GB in couple hours but now can't even finish upload overnight for 2GB. 

Signal still LTE but connection keep pulsing and most of the times going hours without internet line. My phone model is Redmi 5A and it was setup to 4G since Day 1 of purchase. Also, Live Chat used to be nice, got some people replying real quick, but now had to wait for hours several times still no one attend to me. I have sent complaint via email, the team replied and gave few steps, and I done it for a month, still no use and now waiting for their reply. However, it's been days so I put out a topic here in case any MOD can help first. 

Also, I purchased latest postpaid mobile simcard as well, RM59/month 12-month contract, which facing same issue too even using it on other phone; i.e. Huawei Nova 4e set to 4G. Worst, with that bad connection even with 4G/3G I can't terminate the contract without paying, very not good for my financial condition. Sorry with this long post but yeah I need to rant, somebody can help with this? 

7 REPLIES 7
Mayor

Re: Bad Internet Connection even with LTE/4G line

Hi there @NurMizah ,

I understand your problems. There are lot of reasons which will affect your upload speed, but let put that aside for a while.

What you need to do right now is to log a report via livechat (you can reached them on non peak hours). Usually they will ask you to do basic troubleshooting and if still failed then tech team will check it out.

i believe they can sort this out. Can you do that?

Contributing Citizen ✪

Can help me to suggest when is the non-peak hour mentioned 'cause I've been trying to reach the team via livechat at night several times, and some during the day weekdays (costed me to backout from company meetings).

Unlike years ago I just need to at least wait 1-hour to be connected and they're very helpful too.

Much thanks.

Mayor

@NurMizah wrote:

Can help me to suggest when is the non-peak hour mentioned 'cause I've been trying to reach the team via livechat at night several times, and some during the day weekdays (costed me to backout from company meetings).

Unlike years ago I just need to at least wait 1-hour to be connected and they're very helpful too.

Much thanks.

Hi there @NurMizah ,

I have just tested right now, the response time was less than 5 minutes.

For postpaid, you need to log in mobile.unifi.com.my, go to support tab. You will find Contact us and livechat under that.

You might want to change your browser, if you didnt get any response. Sometimes browser can be a problem too.

Why dont you try it now?

Contributing Citizen ✪

Totally agree with you. I have recently switched over from Umobile to Unifi for RM59/month package. But very disappointed with the line speed. Felt that Unifi is cheating the customers with such not at par line quality. Admittedly a disaster for me since working from home required speedy and stable internet connection. Frustrated to see the spriral on screen keep going endlessly when it downloading vids or internet content. My Ramadhan blunder.

Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Honestly, me too. I have a prepaid unifi number before I got the RM 59/month package with 12 months contract and the line has been terrible. I'm using a dual sim phone and both unifi sim cards are in there. The internet speed between both is significantly different. Prepaid bebas weekly unlimited has no problems streaming YouTube content at 1080p 60fps yet when using the postpaid connection, it has troubles streaming at 720p. Very disappointed in this false advertising. 

Contributing Citizen ✪✪

Agree, I had try unifi mobile prepaid speed OK but after sign up postpaid with 12 months contract the speed slow down and unstable compare to prepaid
Contributing Citizen ✪

since WFO..during MCO...unifi line getting worst. i bought 5 postpaid unifi rm59 with 12 months contract..all line suck. At one time, my Zoom meeting disconnect with call coming....and until now face same problem. Voice call also not clear...and other parties can't hear...have to yell out..hope Unifi or TM  react quickly on these...this problem nothing to do with phone setting since all 5 phone i have counter same problems..